Sunday, May 04, 2008

Nice to know



Quick update letting you know that things are looking up. No fevers for Katy since yesterday and the infection seems to be going away.

This clip above reminds me of the good things in the world, "brother Iz" provides a message of peace and how wonderful the world can be. In contrast, it was early in the week that we heard reports of "hoons" terrorizing a woman walking her dogs, pursuing her by driving on the pavement and running over one of her little fluffy companions.

My resting heart rate is sub 50 now and was around 55, 2 weeks back. The 3 hour 24 minute run yesterday was an average 142 heart rate. Will get around 90k in this week and have a solid base setting for the Gold Coast marathon.

I feel the outlook for us is getting better, have a great week. If it is raining and things are tough, prepare for the rainbow at the other end.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the good news is that i'm 58.5 kg! nothing like severe strep to help you shed those kilos.

does this mean you won't be wearing your hot nurse outfit anymore? bummer.

9:40 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

When I saw the title of your blog post it reminded me of you :-)

Looking forward (in an "I don't really want to do it" way) to doing a long river loop with you guys next weekend.

11:03 am  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

For every low act there are a thousand acts of goodness. That is not just some lame cliche it's the truth.

Good to hear things are looking up with you all there.

5:26 pm  
Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

I don't know what a "hoon" is but I hope I never meet one.

Glad Katy is on the mend and I agree - that is the best rendition of 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' ever recorded

5:28 am  
Blogger Rob said...

It's sad that brother Iz is no more. I certainly enjoyed the clip.

Glad to hear that all is progressing well at the Toast's place.

11:02 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

I almost teared up at that. Iz I'm talking about, not Katy's 58.5 k-gees.

Send some rainbows down our way. Last decent rain (and rainbow) was at the 'thon!

8:04 pm  
Blogger Black Knight said...

I am so happy for Katy! Congrats for your good job to run a fast Gold Coast marathon. In this moment we really need a rainbow!

7:31 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home