Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New PB

To run a marathon one must learn to never give up.

If you are losing the game, then change the rules.

... Such are the ways of the toast.

I have returned to running and after thoughts on the advise given to me, have chosen my own path to the dark side. So far the calf holds firm, and I set a new PB this morning. My heart rate was average at 138 for 13-ish km. That's down from 139 for 10 km on Sunday. My 29 km easily cruised around 155. I'm enjoying the slow and it feels good.


7 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Dang! I put in a really really really good comment and Blogger told me it wasn't working so it didn't save it.

9:35 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

Nothing like a bit of 'armless fun... and losing both legs should cure your calf problems.

7:54 pm  
Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

too funny

3:40 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

That sounds like progress, I think, or at least an attempted spin on progress.

1:06 am  
Blogger Robert Song said...

I use a couple of rating system for my training runs that helps me get a gauge of where they stand relative to other runs. I find the simplest and the best one for slow aerobic running is pace in min/K * avg HR. The lower the score the better.

For runs at the higher end of the aerobic scale ie 80 - 85% Max HR, I find (pace - 4) * (HR - 50) gives a little more emphasis to pace. But both are good as they allow you to get training PBs without only having to race against the clock.

11:31 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

Sounds like it's only a flesh wound.

7:14 am  
Blogger Rob said...

Slow is good Toasty - for a while. One day you will say " bugger this".

7:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home