Monday, March 03, 2008

Dear Diary

Dear Diary,

Why am I talking to a book?

I got the all clear on my back from the doctor after he examined the X-rays. The sore back is a muscle and so I saw Jodie for a massage. You know what IS wrong? ..... Calling a sports massage a massage ... soothing, relaxing ..... hell no! I walked out like I got caught in the bull's paddock.

The training over the last month seems to be working. I felt comfortable on the 3 hour run with Ali last Sunday and the Wednesday 18K (just over 11 miles) is getting quicker each week. Tomorrow is the 3K time trial and hope I can improve on last month's 11:36 maybe an 11:07 for Ewen? (ran 11:19)

I have also expanded my cooking repertoire with two dishes I made up. Surprisingly a curry using Thai eggplant and a pasta dish using Halloumi cheese, both turned out well.

Work is also enjoyable .... how good is that?

Finally a few of the punters looking to run 3:30 in Canberra are providing me some increased motivation. So the plan for a the few weeks is to keep it simple and plateau along the solid training weeks and avoid the temptation to push it too far.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, it's cute when a bear sleeps like that. when you do it, it's just a toot-bazooka.

would it be wrong to make a sign that reads, "I've seen the 3:30 pacer nakey nakey!" and hold it up in canberra?

9:38 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Nice work on the TT today. I'm betting my house on you going under 11 next month. Errrr ... just in case you do have a spare room don't you ;-)

8:13 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

You're runnin' in a bear suit?

I wish you'd run 11:07, to show me it's possible. How did Tesso go? 59, 58, 50?

How come I can't find the talented one from your blog link...?

Not Found
The requested URL /katythegreaty/ was not found on this server.

7:02 pm  
Blogger Rob said...

No Ewen, he's just running bear. IHT won't have to hold up a sign.

Hope the TT went well Toasty.

7:28 pm  
Blogger Rob said...

11:19 That was pretty good Mark. You gotta be happy with that.

7:34 pm  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

WORK is enjoyable.

Jeez.

What a concept.

2:02 am  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

Not to change the subject...but the link to Katy's blog is broken.

2:05 am  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hey Toasty

good that your cooking well, but be sure to not overdo the eating a few kilos lighter at Canberra will make a big difference to your time there.

Doing 30kms pretty easy this far out looks like a good sign.

All the best for the rest of your build up.

5:05 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well done it sounds like on the TT. I agree with your thoughts on sports massage as well. I have always been afraid to get a massage before a race in fear that I would not recover in time.

9:15 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

What happened in the 3K time trial? How cute is the bear!!! Indeed I am again angry because I had a dinner with a man member of the "safari club" who told about his bear hunting in Alaska. How can a man to kill for fun?

8:35 pm  
Blogger Jim Smith II said...

What is Halloumi cheese? Seriously, pasta (and beer) are proof that God loves us and I'm always looking for new ideas...

Good luck in the TT.

11:19 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

Glad all is well toasty! Do not lead yourself into temptation, but deliver yourself to Canabara (can-a-bear-a?) injury-free and ready to rock the house!

2:36 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

4:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home