Saturday, February 09, 2008

What's wrong?

Got a frog stuck in your throat?



I'm getting there in the running department, but a little short of my targets. 3K TT was 11:36 aiming for 11:30, I passed 30K on my long run (close to 20 miles) and the last few days found my run becoming comfortable and natural. I have managed 5 days a week and sitting around 70K for a weekly total, so basically it is all coming together.

The week started with the "spider run" with Glenno. We took to a trail along the Gold Coast spit and found ourselves to be the first ones through. You know this when you hit the first of many spider webs. At the turnaround, we were both wiping off masses of webs stuck across the nose and tickling the ears. Another feature was the torrential rain and Glenno's vertical jump and mid-air pirouette to avoid a spider about the size of your hand he hadn't spotted until it was an inch from his face. I thought he had seen a snake, the big sook!

Yesterday was a cruisey lap in the morning around some bridges crossing Perth'
s Swan river. To finish off the week, this morning, I missed the 4am start having flown back on the red-eye and ran from home around 5am instead. Nice to feel 5 min/K (8 min/mile) comfortable and hooked up with Ali suffering a cold and coughing up all sorts of delights as she went. We meet up with Matt at the golf club and turned for home only to struggle in the last 10 minutes before hitting the pool, where I floated face down wondering if the lifeguard would drag me out. After the swim, I saw Tesso when heading for breaky. She had a message from Katy, "tell him to stop running".

Due to requests, here is the last look at the orange hair ....

12 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Ha! Toasty, I wish I had been there to see Glenno. I saw him do a disappearing act once, at Glasshouse. He ended up with his arm in plaster that time.

I am glad to hear that the running is going well. You will nal the 3K TT next time.

8:32 pm  
Blogger Rob said...

Err..I meant nail the 3K TT.

8:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, We Can!

When I run 11:07 I'll let you know how to do it.

9:35 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Do you want fries with that sub 11:30?

9:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

see, i read "3K TT" as "3 kilos of pi(e)". THAT i can do better than anyone i know.

maybe you should run for pie. personally, i'm fond of sour cherry pies.

6:57 pm  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Savvy? That's the only pirate talk I managed along the way. Next time I will have to talk with you and the wife first so we have a game plan for whatever theme the race is!

12:20 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

LOL... you had me for a minute there!

Bye-bye Ronald!

2:39 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

P.S. I have no idea how far or how fast you run. What is this "k" stuff? You think I got time to do conversions? Work with me here! hehehe.

2:40 pm  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

In that photo with the frog you look like "Rodney Rude." That guy still around?

1:37 pm  
Blogger Black Knight said...

The frog doesn't look like a scared animal. What happened?

8:20 pm  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

Don't bite that frog!

12:59 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Glad to hear the running is coming along nicely. I hear that frogs pack a lot of protein in one itty bitty body. Eat up!

10:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home