Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Getting Serious



It's time to get serious. For me, the festive season ends on Australia Day and I go back into training. I got a new haircut just to prove it.

Long run: 2:20 target 3:00
3K TT: 11:53 aiming sub 11:30 next week and then sub 11:00 a month later
Training this week: 70K
Injury Status: I can walk and I am not limping at the start of a run .... pain in right calf at the end of a session.

According to the Pat program, I'm about 11 weeks out. My 3K TT was 11:13 and weight 73/74kg leading into the Melbourne Marathon

My weight is now around 77kg but was 80kg a couple of weeks ago.

Long Run Targets:

Feb 2nd 2:20
Feb 9th 2:40
Feb 16th 2:40
Feb 23rd 2:00ish
Mar 1st 3:00
Mar 8th 3:00
Mar 15th 3:00
Mar 22nd Race (if I can find one)
Mar 29th 2:00
Apr 5th 1:30
Apr 13th Canberra Marathon

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh sure, you're all tough now. i remember you in the chair wondering how short you could go. you were nervous.

i have not mourned the loss of that toxic orange hair, howdie.

8:54 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Getting serious ... more like getting scary if as me.

There's always the BRRC Half, but I think that's earlier in March.

8:57 pm  
Blogger Toasty said...

no no no, i was nervous that my head would look like a soccer ball .... scary/serious it all starts with "s"

9:00 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

... that was supposted to be "if you ask me"

9:00 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

... and that was supposed to be "that was supposed to be".

Must be bed time.

9:01 pm  
Blogger Toasty said...

running 110K in a week will do that to your ability to spell

9:09 pm  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

jeez, i felt scared reading that.
reads like a very focussed man.
perhaps it's the shades - are they expensive?

9:24 am  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

If you are looking for a hard race, AMA Nationals are on at Blacktown over Easter. That is where I will be, racing a 10k, a 5k, and an 8k, three weeks before the marathon tilt.

10:03 am  
Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

The sunglasses I get - sexay!

The numbers - not so much. Are you training for a marathon by running a certain amount of time or is that a kilometer pace? Can't be, though because it goes up - no one wants his time to go up. But then it goes WAY down. That just can't be right.

My head hurts.

10:26 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, you look serious! The long run targets look good. I remember marathon training days. The days of speed. I may return to them someday. For now I will keep my eyes on the rest of you.

3:05 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

I'll study that scarily serious photo so I'm able to recognise you in the elevator.

3:10 pm  
Blogger Rob said...

Yep! that looks sirry-ass, as Benny Hill used to say.

8:43 pm  
Blogger E-Speed said...

the haircut means serious business! Have fun training!

12:34 am  
Blogger Bolder said...

that's some serious man candy.

i'm reading 'Eat, Pray, Love'.

i've got issues.

10:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home