Thursday, May 01, 2008

Update from Toast Hospital

I left Katy at home with the dogs in charge of looking after her. She is viral but the latest is it is not Glandular Fever or Mono .... and it ain't tonsillitis although the big pillows of puss in her throat don't have me convinced.



The doctor believes it is almost over, so the high temperatures and spine chilling shivers should end soon.

This morning I had a 10K run, nice and slow, for a new lower heart rate PB. I will hit the 3 hour run level on Saturday and banked 80K last week or 50 miles in the old money. I have several stitches in my side from something that hadn't made it to melanoma (think alien photo below) and now they need to cut of my nose for a BBC as they call it. [Common cancer, must be treated, no need to worry]

The Podiatrist sent me for X-rays tonight and mentioned the word arthritis. It is going to take more than that to stop me.

So all this takes me back to the weekend, climbing the hills and mountain with my mate Glenno, and words that stuck in my mind ... "you never know if this will be your last time" .... it wasn't morbid, but makes me appreciate every time I step out to pound the pavement.

If you see my smiling Ewen, then that's just me happy to be out there.

5 Comments:

Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

I think your problems are neither fever nor arthritis. Dude - you have ghouls!

12:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thank goodness i already lost my appetite. you are a scary nurse. could be your manliness, though.

12:44 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Interesting way of treating BCCs, getting aliens to eat them. My doc is so last year, he just cuts them out.

Might have to bring in an exorcist for Katy.

1:43 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Eweeeeee! Go Sigourney!

8:28 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

Poor Katy-lou! Tell her to try tequila! It worked for me :D

11:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home