Sunday, April 01, 2007

Canberra, here come the Queenslanders!



Graham Robertson #52 - 2:53:50 1985 ... It seems that every runner feels like he is coming down with something in the week before the event. Robert Song has been training like a champion and looks set for something sub 3:20.
Mark Hewitt #171 - 3:16:05 2005 ... Hey that's me.... Yeah Toast! Why isn't anyone else wearing budgie smugglers?
Theresa Fabian #F44 - 3:26:46 2005 ... Entered the 50K event and in her best form. No pressure Tesso.
Glen Bartholomew #194 - 3:19:55 2002 ... Partner in crime in the long run Saturday mornings
Claire Bellenger #F33 - 3:23:00 2006 ... My training partner ... I thought she was over doing it ... turned out to be morning sickness. Played the biggest part in my preparation for this one.
Wayne Ralph #729 ... A fellow "Pat Carroll" runner. It is his first marathon and I have seen him many many times out around the river looking strong and fast. He won't read this, but I believe he can run close to the magic 3 hour mark.
Robert Lofthouse #11 - Robbie has become a regular on the mid-week run with me. After many time trials together, he showed me how to race. Robbie is running the 10K on the day before the marathon and his support on the day will be a huge bonus.
Rob Richards #187 - 3:18:40 2004 - Fast Eddie has done all the hard work and primed for another sub 3:20.
Mathew O'Brien #715 - Lining up for his debut marathon. Looks comfortable on the long runs and you can't ask for more than that.
Celeste Du Toit #F57 - 3:33:00 2006 - Another "Pat Carroll" runner who has join in on the long runs on Saturdays.

Cathy Newman #F43 - 3:26:40 2006 - Not a Queenslander but we would be honoured to have her as one.
Marjorie Van Rooyen #F82 - 3:52:00 1992 - Could just be the happiest runner in the field and I'm told that when she and Katy get together no one else can get a word in.
Mal Wilson #146 - 3:12:00 2006 - I did my last 20K run with Mal and let me tell you there is still "plenty of stuff in his basement" ... he scares me!.

13 Comments:

Blogger Bolder said...

because only The Toast can work a pair of budgie smugglers...

11:11 pm  
Blogger E-Speed said...

you have way too much time on your hands ;)

Good luck to you and all your running pals!

12:35 am  
Blogger Rob said...

No doubt about you Toastie! That is brilliant. Just one question...will the girls be running topless in Canberra? I hope not... I have have to concentrate if I going to get that sub 3:20.

6:56 am  
Blogger CJ said...

Awwww gee,thanks Toasty! Made my Tuesday morning - first day back at work. Looking forward to to catching up with all you guys this weekend. And I haven't forgotten the Freddo!

8:14 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

ROTFL :-)))))))))))

That is toooooooo funny. I'm trying to relax in the build up to Sunday but now I have sore eyes and a belly ache from laughing so much.

8:54 am  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

knowing most of the the state of origin team there, i can see how much time was put to matching the heads and bodies. good one!

9:48 am  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

It is a hot day forecast for Sunday, 25 degrees. You guys will win! The topless look is good too, can't wait to see it on the day.

10:56 am  
Blogger Clairie said...

Why am I coming fifth. I don't like coming fifth. Couldnt you have put a bikini on me or made me one of those stripper bodies with long wavy hair...oh but definitly loving my new chest definition. And how about those abs....I wish I had abs like that. Instead I have an excess of 3kg that just sits there taunting me whilst you all run past.....At least I am in front of Eddie. :))))))))))

11:00 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

Did Katy let you have the scissors? Dangerous.

Forget the budgie smugglers, I can't get over the girls' tans. Big headed Queenslanders never looked so good.

10:47 pm  
Blogger Mat said...

Hehehe.

I like that I'm smilling. This will be me at the 40k mark...not.

10:11 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

You fell off my bloglines and I know you must have finished the marathon by now. I hope it went well.

3:39 pm  
Blogger Robert Song said...

Now I know where I picked up my haamie strain.

5:50 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh no, not a blue speedo!!!!!!!!!

6:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home