Sunday, February 25, 2007

End of the week

I received an Email (which I didn't read until Friday night)....

"Toasty, I am planning a 5am start to run a 32k via the Story bridge and then over Mt Coot-tha and back. Haven’t done it for a couple of years. Harder than the river loop. See you at 5 if interested. Cheers, Glenno."

OK, so this will round out the week... Clairie left me to go to Sydney, but I'll get by. I think it was about 7:30 pm when I got the email from Glenno so I made plans for an early night .... as you do on a Friday ....right?????

Thursday, I ran my Tempo, having given Pat the flick, in order to be fit enough for a good run at Canberra. This run (the Tempo) is 6 km warm up followed by 5 km at whatever I can do. This turned out to be 21:38, although I think Garmin added a few 100 metres. Not to worry, I have another half dozen of these to go before the Canberra Marathon.

This week finished at 80 something km or 50 plus miles for those caught in ye old metrics.

I really enjoyed the run with Glenno. It was bloody hard, in colonial terms. Puffing up the mountain after an hour or so at a decent pace seemed harder than either of us could remember. I guess that is a sign of age ... not being able to remember how hard these runs can be.

I did manage the "finish the last few km at marathon pace" .....

The early start meant I missed seeing a few of the other crew ..... I hope Matty and Celeste are doing well in their preparations for Canberra. There is only a month to go!

After the Saturday run and breakfast, I came home and endured another ice bath before crawling back to bed for a few hours. Somewhat refreshed, I experienced a re-born start to the day and joined Katy to the Expo for Monster Trucks (except it wasn't really Monster Trucks).

We love the Monster Truck Expo ...... so much fun seeing all the people it attracts. The highlight was a detailed discussion with Mr Mud-Flap (except he wasn't Mr Mud-Flap) where he explained how his product worked. It was kinda strange and amusing to hear someone so proud of this product that he would like to refer himself by it. Katy almost lost control when he described how one of his products wasn't suited to the "ruts in the road" and how it came down to which highway one chose to travel....... OK this might not be making sense but I'll happily share the decode words if appropriate by Email ... this is a family show, donchano.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh don't be such a wuss.
let me tell you, i'll be blogging it. i don't expurgate anything. my parents will see it.
i have no pride. there might be many who run faster than i, but not many are as ballsy.

9:47 pm  
Blogger E-Speed said...

sweet, glad Katy will be posting but I think I have decoded it and it sounds risque!

10:19 pm  
Blogger Bolder said...

all i got was mud flaps.

7:14 am  
Blogger Clairie said...

A great run Toasty. I can't believe I have never done that before!! but then again I wouldnt have been able to keep up with you. At least it was a different way to finish off - instead of via West End like we usually do.

Variety is the spice of life.

I found the run I did on the weekend really uplifting - mainly because I was running a different route and taking in all the scenery. I didn't even notice the pace for most of the time. Well except for when I wanted to walk and no-one would let me!!

So big run this weekend to see how we are all coming together?

7:39 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Yeah, that Mt Coot-tha one from South Bank is a killer. Last time I did it we left one of the crew asleep under a tree in the cemetary.

8:58 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

what are you talking about?!?! Code words? Give me a break! Those stretching pictures you posted weren't "family friendly" Bub! :P

2:10 pm  
Blogger Mat said...

What, there is only a month to go!

Arrrrrrrhhhh!

4:00 pm  
Blogger CJ said...

Yeah I'm curious.......

7:59 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

I don't get it. Sounds a bit Fyshwick to me.

Off on a tangent... did you give Pat the flick because he didn't wash his frock? Lucky he has sufficient disciples that you wouldn't be missed.

2:12 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home