Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dear All

Lots to talk about, so I'm going to get right to it.

Three events have happened recently:

1. I ran the Caboolture Dusk to Dawn for 3 hours with Geoff doing the 1st leg in the 6 hour relay..
2. I resigned from my job on Monday
3. I got a text message

Caboolutre Dusk to Dawn is a 12 hour run. A couple of notable points:

A/ Tesso was still running strong for 6 hours. I don't know anyone else that can do that. She is .... ready .... A GIFTED ATHLETE!!!!!!
B/ Clairie is ready for Canberra. She was so, game face, out of my way, I mean business, etc. I couldn't keep up.
C/ Thanks for the support Matty. (see the photos)
D/ Glenno and Geoff, great soldiers.
E/ It rained really really heavy and this event should be called the Duck to Dawn accounting for the sloshing through mud.
F/ This is the event Rob the Runner would do.



My text message from Crouton Clare "I did a 800 in 3:56, I came 2nd in my class after Catherine. It was a super hot day too!"

(You can only imagine how proud I am of her)

Did you notice there aren't any Email links on comments anymore? I'm going to reply to a few thing right now.

CJ: "How was the Dusk To Dawn?" .... Nothing normal about running around in the dark, in the mud at midnight ... it was ... when I realised I wasn't normal.

Ewen: "Reading between the lines, it sounds like Clairie couldn't catch you." .... she did when she lapped me ... then she did again ... and again ... and again ... then she ran past and slapped me on the bum.

Bolder: No, you can't borrow the belly dancing costume!

Tesso:



Rob: I was wiped out like a little kitten after the Dusk to Dawn. That's is what the photo was. As for the buffalo reference, I was saying I was lagging behind my running friends.

Sam/Lynn: Need your help. I started to work on visualisation and will be getting my mind right for the next run.

Black Knight: I think pole dancing would be a great new job.

Bolder: No

Bolder: Quit asking, you can never borrow that outfit.

11 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Gifted athlete ... thank you. Though I'm probably more an athlete who likes gifts. And maybe you don't know anyone else who could run for that long because you don't know anyone else who has tried. Join me next year!

Fantastic run by Crouton Clare. Better watch out, she'll be the one lapping you soon.

Thanks for the film clip. Great song, but stuffed if I know what its all about.

Duck duck duck :-)

10:09 pm  
Blogger Robert Song said...

All this scratching is making me itch.
"Duck for the oyster , duck duck duck,
Dig for the clam, dig dig dig,
Knock a hole in the old tin can,
Everybody swing, swing her high, swing her low,
Swing that girl in calico,
Promenade around you go."

10:27 pm  
Blogger Bolder said...

must.find.spatula.

must.scrape.eyes.out.

*makes note*

do.not.look.at.pictures.on.this.blog.

12:42 am  
Blogger Laurie said...

Wow, that Bolder pic is too much. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time!

3:10 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

no.comment.

Oh...was that a comment?

whatever.

11:12 am  
Blogger Mat said...

Conratulations for Crouton Clare! That's great :-).

3:49 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:51 pm  
Blogger David said...

Bolder never looked so goo.

12:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:08 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

Gifted? Nah, she just doesn't know when to stop. Now, on the other hand, what about that 800 from Crouton Clare - brilliant!

Well... that means Clairie didn't really have her game face on, if she was frivolous enough to slap you on the bum.

3:43 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

This does sound like an event that I would do and thanks for all the clarifications. I don't think I could run as strong as Tesso though. A fast marathon is sounding better and better these days.

4:57 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home