Sunday, January 21, 2007

Frappe Five

Each year, on Australia Day (January 26) the nation counts down the Top 100 tunes of the last year. Not the mainstream ones, it is more of an alternative genre.

Last year my running buddy Tesso challenged me to see who could get the most in the Top 10 from 5 selections.

The rules:

Pick 5 Tunes from The List

The person who picks the most that make the Top 10 wins the prize "
A Fruit Frappe".


Tesso invited me to "Bring a Friend Day" at the Brisbane Road Runners. I will also partner Geoff at Caboolture on Feb 10 where he runs the first 3 hours and I do the next. Then there is the Group 3K Challenge Feb 17, Gold Coast Marathon training with Tara and all of a sudden, the years races are getting booked. Right now, I'm running with Clairie as she prepares for the Canberra Marathon. My head/chest cold is clearing up, so I am relieved that I should be able to resume when she gets back on track after her injury.



This one is on the list .... should I pick it?



I will be posting my selections in the next few days.

I did get some help by running my shortlist past Crouton Clare ...

Eskimo Joe Black Fingernails, Red Wine: good!
Gnarls Barkley Crazy: good!
Hilltop Hoods The Hard Road: ???
Killers When You Were Young: good
Youth Group Forever Young: good
Arctic Monkeys When The Sun Goes Down: ok
Augie March One Crowded Hour:???
Dan Kelly/The Alpha Males Drowning In The Fountain Of Youth:???
Grates 19-20-20:???
Jet Bring It On Back: ok
Muse Take A Bow: ???
Red Hot Chili Peppers: good no matter what
Scissor Sisters I Don't Feel Like Dancing: AWESOME
Snow Patrol Chasing Cars: VERY SUPER EXCELLENT AWESOME! (best song ever)

P.S.

Here they are

Eskimo Joe Black Fingernails, Red Wine
Gnarls Barkley Crazy
Killers When You Were Young
Red Hot Chili Peppers Dani California #34
Snow Patrol Chasing Cars

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd pick Starland Vocal Band's "Afternoon Delight." It's bound to still be in the running after all these years.

5:32 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Busy times ahead Toasty (aka My Friend).

I forgot we only had to pick 5 songs, I thought it was 10. Makes it harder to narrow it down from the 25 I have on my list ... which may or may not include some of yours ;-)


PS Take a risk. Go for Johnny Farnham.

PPS I love that Fratelli's song!

6:16 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Yes, the drummer is my good looking younger brother.

Tell Me Baby from the Peppers for me :)

8:35 pm  
Blogger Laurie said...

I love Snow Patrol. I listen to their album over and over again.

4:45 am  
Blogger Clairie said...

I love snow patrol.....yah bestest song every (this month :) ) Crouton Clare did a good pick of that one.

9:13 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll admit I only know a few of these songs. Sounds like a fun challenge though.

10:38 am  
Blogger Mat said...

I'd pick Tell Me Baby (Chili Peppers) over Dani California, but that's me :-).

12:36 pm  
Blogger CJ said...

Eskimo Joe - great song
Ditto Killers - When you were young.
Love Augie March's One Crowded Hour
What - no Welcome to the Black Parade - My Chemical Romance?

12:51 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Let the games begin!

Now I've emailed you mine I can look at yours :-) Hmmm, we only have one in common.

2:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still no Starland Vocal Band. You have no sense of madventure.

4:51 pm  
Blogger Bolder said...

gnarls is a lock.

SOOOOOOO MONEY!

throw in my boy Kanye for touching the sky...

thanks for the song ideas though! i'm gonna get me some for my iPod!!

5:28 am  
Blogger CJ said...

Some friendly interstate rivalry - a friend and I have come up with our 5 in the Top 10:
Hilltop Hoods - The Hard Road
Muse - Starlight
Bob Evans - Don't Walk Alone
Arctic Monkeys - Leave before the lights come on
Killers - Sam's Town

and hey, I like the Fratelli's song - very catchy!!!!

8:03 pm  
Blogger Bolder said...

told you gnarls was money.

wtf to aussies have against kanye?

don't they watch videos???

3:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home