Sunday, February 18, 2007

Start of a training week.

In a series of posts, I thought I'd run through my program whilst I started checking the calender and putting down the sessions I'll be doing through to July this year. Basically I work off a 1 week cycle .....

Sunday is the beginning of my training week and it often start here with my two coaches (that's them below). I'm not sure why, but I really like these scupltures and enjoy staring at them whilst I stretch after the session. This session if a 10K or 6 mile recovery run, starting in the evening around 5 or 6. I like to start off slow and throw in some fartleaks (I suppose they are spelled differently). When I hit my full training week this run will be a Tempo but Recovery will do for now.



Foreign corespondant Dick, told me abut a book called “The Secret,” which is a the self-help book (and DVD) by Rhonda Byrne, an Australian reality-TV producer. The book hit No. 1 on the USA Today best-seller list this week.

Being a number 1 seller doesn't naturally mean I would know about it, as I'm not the best reader, so I'm thankful to Dick for bringing it to my attention.

A couple of comments grabbed my attention:

"If you think you’re this meat suit running around, you know, you have to think again” [I had imagined nicely arranged meat cuts forming a running man]. After shaking that image, the point hits home there is more than our mechanical side......

“We create our own circumstances by the choices that we make, and the choices that we make are fueled by our thoughts,” .....“So our thoughts are the most powerful thing that we have here on earth. And based upon what we think — and [what] we think determines who we are — we attract who we are into our lives.”

Think about that!

Labels:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i think...

you're a meat suit!

i also think bolder should be thankful that a post with "meat suit" did not cause Toasty to find the most repulsive photo on the net.

5:53 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

My head only just stopped hurting from last night. Now I've started to 'think' and I've had a relapse.

6:37 pm  
Blogger Rob said...

That's a powerful thought Toasty. It blew my mind and now I can't tnink.

6:41 pm  
Blogger Flo said...

The only reason it hit #1 was because it was featured on Oprah. Not once but twice!!! Put Oprah's name near anything and it becomes #1 whatever.

One of the people on the show explained how what you say and think is like placing an order with the universe. So I'd like to order a 6 minute mile please :)

3:24 am  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

dear mr meat suit, a fart'leak' is something that can (but hopefully doesn't) happen towards the end of a long run...never trust a fart after 28k's ;-) but a fart'lek', well that's the supposedly playful running.
i think you knew this but thought i'd be the first to sate the obvious :-)

8:02 am  
Blogger Mat said...

You can often hear this concept explained in various different ways. What I find interesting is that for most, human nature would have most of use trainnig meat man to death, but not think about checking to make sure his mind is in order (3rd person).

4:11 pm  
Blogger CJ said...

I wanted to write something deep and meaningful in response but the only thing that came to mind was:
"Coffee is real good when you drink it it gives you time to think. It's a lot more than just a drink; it's something happening. Not as in hip, but like an event, a place to be, but not like a location, but like somewhere within yourself. It gives you time, but not actual hours or minutes, but a chance to be, like be yourself, and have a second cup. - Gertrude Stein" Its like, what?!!!!!

8:56 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

I think Katy is right to think you're thinking too much about how one should be thinking.

Time to dump your coaches Toasty. I think they run too much which is making them to thinking thin.

10:25 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

I think that last 'to' should have been 'too'. Thinking before clicking on 'Publish your comment' should be done with more thought.

10:27 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

word.

4:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home