Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Step 2 - Adding volume

Monday is the the day I add extra sessions to increase volume in my training. It starts out as a rest day, then a morning recovery run and in the peak week, a double with morning and evening.

I always run a little quicker at night, especially down by the creek amongst the trees ...


Tuesday is Pat's Running School for speed and sunglasses.

Wednesday is the mid-week run, which ends up about 21 km or half marathon distance. This has been getting easier although winding up the muscles at the same time. Note to self: "get a massage".






4 Comments:

Blogger Mat said...

I'm pretty sure that if my local creek path had creatures like that, I'd run faster too.

Your going to drag this training week out for as many blog posts as you can, arn't you. Its like a soap ... B&B?

8:40 am  
Blogger Triseverance said...

Doing doubles is something I would like to progress to this summer during my marathon trainiing.

Is that a conjoined twin? ;-)

11:35 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

Don't worry, that's just Pat wondering if you'll still be turning up in the morning.

11:50 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You write very well.

7:06 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home