Monday, February 06, 2006

Week 3

Results for Week 3 of the Canberra Quest are not quite as flash ... something about starting a new job and missing the Yasso section and substituting it for a fine french meal with free cake for birthday celebrants

Total Ks 69 versus plan of 77
No Tempo, No Yasso
Hill Workout 12K at 4:55 min/K (the summit climb was 5:37 up and 4:03 down)
Mid-week run up to 18K
Long Run 5K short of 30K
First ever Interval/Fartlek's 6x60 sec @ 3:37 min/K & 6x30 sec @ 3:27 min/K
Average pace over the week 5:06 min/K which is slower but due to longer runs and shorter speed work plus introduction of hills.

Monday I do a pacing run for Katy which I really enjoy. She is coming along very strongly now and seems to be over the stress fractures she nursed through 2 marathons last year. I have also found the change in program a good way to keep fresh and motivated. The plan for week 4 is to cut back the longer runs but still progress the speed work before pushing the weekly km's over 80K in week 5.

6 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Good plan! Gotta cut back the duration/volume to recover from the weeks prior, but it's still ok to keep some intensity.
(listen to me... do I think I'm some kind of expert now or something? geesh.)

2:46 am  
Blogger CJ said...

I think the substitution worked well - I'm often improvising like that!
Lady CJ

7:23 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Despite the substitution and the 7 km less I think you made a very good job

6:47 pm  
Blogger psbowe said...

LOL about what Katy said! It'll get better..

4:10 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info »

1:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. » » »

3:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home