Sunday, February 05, 2006

Coot-tha Collection

Warning: Children Avert Your Eyes

Admittedly this warning may have be useful in previous posts.

Last week saw the introduction of Hills to my program ..... when I say hills I mean Mount Coot-tha. This is a 12K tourist road but a circuit of just under 10K from the Slaughter Falls (Remember that name ... it is relevant) car park. This track is popular with mountain goats and cyclists. The cyclists will come whirling down from the opposite direction and swosh past the hard working runners whilst challenging the numerous assents.

Being the Clever Executioner this doesn't worry me.

I smile .... the cyclist approaches ... and just as they whiz past I swing my battle axe and there is a "swish" ..... "plop" ...... "roll, roll , roll" ... I look around ...... kick the bike into the bush ... and then continue my run.

8 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

whoa :) Harsh!

11:22 pm  
Blogger Bolder said...

*makes note: avoid cyclist route near Slaughter Falls upon next triumphant returning visit to the Queensland*

(my colleague is soon retiring from Sydney to Noosa, and begs me to come and keep him out of trouble after IM Florida)

7:23 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh... my.... gawd! Dude, I thought we were fellow-soldiers in the war against common man syndrome, or some such thing. Damn! Ouch! That hurt!

8:59 am  
Blogger psbowe said...

Yikes! You're kidding right?

5:00 pm  
Blogger CJ said...

There have been times when I have been tempted! But then on (the very rare) occasion I am a cyclist too!

7:18 pm  
Blogger Toasty said...

oops .... my sincere apology to all the cyclists ....i may .... in reflection been a little over zealous ..... but no need to worry, I'm sure your heads will grow back

7:26 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

Sir, they do grow back but it stings! (MiB).

And iHateToast - a non-Bushie from TX? No wonder they sent someone to move you to the other side of the world! hehehe. Love it.

2:45 am  
Blogger E-Speed said...

whoa so I totally didn't realize mine was one of the heads! Toast! Whats up with that? I can't even ride faster than 19 MPH!

3:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home