Saturday, January 28, 2006

Week 2

Results for Week 2 of the Canberra Quest are in.

Total Ks 75 (46 miles) versus plan of 70
Tempo 6K average 4:08 min/K
Yasso 4x800m @ 16.5 kph = 2 min 55 sec (3:38 min/K)
Average pace over the week 4:53 min/K (7:52 min/mile)

A lot of training this week has been working on visualisation and my state of mind to ensure each session has quality.

The week started with a strange fatigue issue that had me falling asleep during the day from Saturday and didn't leave my system to Wednesday. No other serious issues but I can feel tight calves, hamstrings particularly the right one plus a few blisters and split webbing on my right foot. Considering all this, I am surprised .... no delighted to be getting good speed and my mid-week run along the coast was a real beauty. The tempo run was, not just an improvement of a couple of seconds but, an extension of the effort that I put in preparing for my last race (the Columbus Marathon 3:16).

All that said folks, there is one hell of a long way to go. 761 K according to the plan, Yassos to build up to 10 x 800m, hills, faster Tempos, weekly distance to increase up to 100K and 5 more loooooong ones. If you hang around, you will see more appearances of my Inner Kenyan (IcK) and the likes of the March of The Executioner . There will be ducks and cheezy poofs plus whatever I can warp out of your blogland brains (the inspiration I derive from you is the pinnacle of my mental strategy, sorry it might not seem so). This is my plan until either they lock me away or the victorious black flag is adorning Canberra's number one landmark.

5 Comments:

Blogger CJ said...

Week 2 - training on track, good one! Hope it stays that way cos there's a lot of work ahead for the executioner!

8:00 pm  
Blogger Giorgio said...

Clever executioner's activity concerning Camberra Quest is growing.
Thanks to visit my small blog.
Tomorrow morning we are going to run around the 3 enemy castles (about 23 kilometres).
The black knight is angry.

8:07 am  
Blogger Robert Song said...

I have just discovered your wonderfully crazy blog.

When are you going to let us in on the IcK?

11:29 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Great shirt! Here the italian legion is going to buy black shirts with the terrible warning to wear during the trainings. After the passage of Sir Iliketoast, Canberra will be a desolate desert land, a ghost city! I see you are following a quality work, well done.

7:02 pm  
Blogger psbowe said...

Great set of stats there!
Maybe you just need to take a little breather there and just keep relaxing...

4:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home