Monday, January 16, 2006

10 Things I think about when I run

1. Just because we are married doesn't mean I should take it for granted, so how can I stay "Always Dating"? ..... and this thought goes along with other loving thoughts of Katy and how she balances me out

2. "The PDL has been alerted... prepare for da hole brotha!"

3. Am I a good dad? ..... It's a guilt thing and I often wonder if I am doing the right things by my kids.

4. "To run fast, you have to run fast!"

5. Why do the tongues in my running shoes skew to the side after I have been running for awhile?

6. I look at the faces of the people going the other way and wonder what is going on with them.

7. I do maths ...... calculate distance by pace to determine finish times of a race.

8. I think about how I am feeling such as if I'm floating, toughing it out, adding to my "running bank balance" so I can withdraw on the experience sometime later

9. Sometimes I daydream and listen to my breathing or the rhythm of my feet hitting the ground

10. My big toe ..... I sometimes focus on just my big toe, and how it initiates the propelling of each step

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i definitely believe that he is running wondering how he can cop a feel.

He can be an executioner and a softy.

2:31 pm  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

Isn't it great, running and letting your mind drift?

Sometimes using the time afoot to work on problems -

Other times just celebrating the essence of being in that specific moment, feeling it, doing it -

I actually wrote my wedding vows as I ran. Later on I set them with pen and ink to paper, and memorized them, but they were "first born" on the run.

1:15 am  
Blogger Bolder said...

dude, you should not be thinking, you should be looking over your shoulder, from side to side, up in the trees, ... it's just a matter of time...

8:59 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

LOL... #2! How many people got that? :) Hmmm.. prob everyone here.

9:56 am  
Blogger Trisaratops said...

Great list! Very fun! :)

11:49 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Great list.

Funny, I didn't realise guys could do more than one thing at once ie run and think ;-)

5:57 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think Tesso is taking a stab at the intellectual ability of us guys. Just look at the picture of a true genius in the bathtub with cheetos and beer. Can life get any better than that? I think not.

2:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home