Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Trivia Tuesday

In honour of tonight's dinner and following Trivia evening with Jen and Mark from the place where I used to work .... well at least attended .... I thought a little quiz might be fitting ......

1. Who was born on this day 24th January??? Hint: I learnt one of his songs at primary school when I must have been about 8. I was looking at the lyrics of some of his songs ....... and ..... Good lord! (*loud with Brooklyn accent*)

"Drop your shrink and stop your drinkin'
Crunchy granola's neat
Sing it out
Alright
Da da da da
Da da da da da
Dee dee dee dum"

2. Name the movie this quote comes from:

The scene is kids (Kimberly and Jason) in the back of a car wanting dad (Randy) to take a toilet stop ....

Kimberly Pear: Dad, I'm prairie dogging back here!
Randy Pear: Well, what the hell does that mean?
Jason Pear: You know, like when a prairie dog sticks his head in and out of the ground.
Randy Pear: Oh.
[Five seconds later]
Randy Pear: Ohh, god, I do not wanna picture that!

3. Which band doesn't come from Brisbane?

a/ Powderfinger
b/ The Veronicas
c/ AC/DC
d/ The Bee Gees

4. First the trivia .... The Scoville Scale: A scale developed by Wilbur Scoville in 1912, to measure the heat level in chillies. It was first a subjective taste test, but since, it has been refined by the use of HPLC, the unit is named in honour of its inventor .... Wilbur's ass blew apart in 1930.

So place the following chlllies in order of pungency (that is burnies)

a/ Jalapeno
b/ Bell Pepper
c/ Habenero
d/ Chipolte

This question is for Jen in memory of her testing Katy's stuffed pepper recipe and then chugging 3 litres of milk in our kitchen. (Photo of Jen, the taller one with head down avoiding picture, Taylor is the one smiling for the camera)




5. In Chess the pawn is valued as 1 point and the Queen 9 points .... what are the Rook (castle), Bishop and Knight (horsey) worth?

I miss my games of chess at work with the other Mark as it was one way to make the day more interesting.

Answers posted in next weeks Quiz.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Dude, this must be Aussie trivia, cuz I ain't got a clue on any of it... but I'll go out on a limb and say AC/DC is one answer. *damn Americans, don't know how to spell ciao, how can we be expected to know aussie trivia*

2:31 pm  
Blogger D said...

Yeah - I think I bombed your test miserably. So in an effort not to wreck my blog reputation, I will wait until I see your answers and compare them w/mine and then maybe inflate my results!

11:59 pm  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Difficult test for me but how can I study if I am always busy to defend our treathened County? Well I agree with Tammy: AC/DC?
Ciao (I know how to spell)

2:20 am  
Blogger E-Speed said...

aack I don't know ANY of these!

4:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm really disgusted with my husband's american readers. They should at least be able to guess the peppers!

Next week's quiz should include something about his running tights at the Lifeline Bookfest.....

Tschuess! (Sure, Stefano can spell "ciao" but can he spell arrivederci? I assume it's what he writes on the papyrus notes he leaves pinned on his enemies' chests or flouncy jogging shorts)

7:02 am  
Blogger psbowe said...

Gonna take a few guesses
1-Neil Diamon, gpa is a big fan and the lyrics sound familiar
2-?
3- AC/DC
4-from cooking experience.. Habanero, Chipolte, Jalapeno and bell pepper
5-?

8:34 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Ihatetoast - Stefano writes on the defeated enemies' cheasts: Compliments, you have met the Black Knight Army!
Ciao a tutti
(Hi to all)

2:10 am  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

You tell them, Stefano!

I like toast, too...

*jeanne*

9:51 am  
Blogger D said...

Oooohhhh....sorry Ihatetoast!

Toastman - you crack me up!

1:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home