Saturday, January 21, 2006

Week 1

Week 1 on my road to Canberra results are in. So lets go straight to the stats .....

Total Ks 72 versus plan of 65
Tempo 6K average 4:11 min/K (running 4 flat for the first 3)
Average pace over the week 4:54 min/K

I wanted to skip the Tempo session or put it off. After a lot of procrastinating and a very slow start, when I hit the beginning of the Tempo section I figured I needed to put in a good effort and just concentrated on leg speed all the way through it. The result was my fastest time at this exercise ever, so I am very pleased with it. After the long run, I came home and fell asleep on the day bed. I'm also happy with my cruisin speed around 4:50 min/K across all runs. It remains to be seen if I can keep going at this rate and I feel a little unsure of my ability to maintain the intensity and discipline for the next 11 weeks.

Next week's plan is 70K including 4x800 at 16.5 Kph and finishing with a 30ish K long run with Glenno and Geoff and then 10 minutes at Southbank beach pool.

Thanks for the suggestion from "mouse" the IPod is now in the shop. I have brought my mini disc back from retirement so will still have music.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is not a good option. these disks were made ages ago. they cannot be edited by evil wives. i have so many songs to put on his playlist. anything by the wiggles, baby beluuuuga, and perhaps more shirley temple. when that iPod gets better, i'm tellin' ya, there'll be fun times when the toastboy sleeps.

6:08 pm  
Blogger Bolder said...

Week 1... might be your last... prepare for the dingo dawg laughin' boy...

5:50 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Very good start. The tempo run is fast and the weekly average pace is interesting. You are going to run a good marathon. Now we have only to take care avoiding stupid injuries stressing our body.

9:09 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good week 1 stats.

12:28 am  
Blogger Lora said...

Hide Mr ipod!!! By the vacuum cleaner, the cleaning supplies, the lightbulbs!! He is not safe in the open!! Keep rockin n running!!

1:46 am  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

just stopped by to say, "hi!"

(E!!ie sent me)

*jeanne*

2:41 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP Stop taking celexa because of hot flashes lisa bentley saint louis bathroom+centerset+faucets Wholesaler laptop part

1:48 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home