Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Freaked out!

I freaked out .... I was running ...... no, pounding down the mountain, wind in my hair at a blistering pace feeling invincible and I glanced at my Garmin .......












I just caught the message before it disappeared ...... then I thought "Did I really see that?" ...... I had the feeling that finally the line between my imagination was reality had blurred ..... I had gone mad at last (what, no gasping or astonishment from you?) .... in over a year the Garmin had never told me to do anything, much less "Slow Down" ..... I waited to see if it would say it again ...... waited ..... and then to confirm my first thoughts there is was again .... "Slow Down!"

Eventually .... eventually I worked out that Katy has used it yesterday and set some sort of pacing threshold alert .... but it really had me going for awhile.

So now ... clutching onto my tentitive state of sanity, I thought how much I'd like to have input into the next release of Garmin and add a few of my own messages......

10 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

/snicker..../

7:02 am  
Blogger Bolder said...

classic!

7:17 am  
Blogger runlady said...

LOL - that is funny!

7:37 am  
Blogger Clairie said...

You are funny funny funny!

Are you gonna do the 10mile race at Road Runners this Sun?

8:19 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

Slow down~! You're breaking the land speed record! You are tooo fast for this Garmin to record!

LOL... nice. :) Execute anymore cyclists today?

2:39 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Wanna swap Garmins?

Mine only ever says "SPEED UP" :-)

10:25 pm  
Blogger psbowe said...

Too Funny!

5:16 am  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

It's maybe one of those "machines go mad" scenarios. Next, it'll be telling you what to eat for breakfast, when to have "relations", which books to read...

11:44 pm  
Blogger Spark Driver said...

I have to get me one of these Garmins. Fancy being told to slow down. Cool!

8:30 pm  
Blogger Dawn - Pink Chick Tris said...

I like it when mine says "slow down". Personalized messages would be cool.

3:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home