Saturday, July 19, 2008

Back

Ok, the race post is still coming. I was finishing the warm down last Tuesday when a sharp bolt of pain struck me in the middle of my back (see red dot). Today is Saturday, and my first without prescription pain killers. It now hurts on my left side (see green dot), which reinforces the sports doctors view that it is likely to be the ligaments and tendons around the lower disc and not the aggravated disc as my physio felt was likely.

July will now be a month free from running.


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want prescription painkillers if they'll make me look like Ms Greene.

3:40 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

If it's free of running, you'll have plenty of time for waxing.

6:42 pm  
Blogger strewth said...

Ouch! Your marathon was awesome so you deserve a rest.

10:27 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

How long until mardi gras?

1:50 pm  
Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

That's kind of a bad news/good news story, right? Pain is bad but not having a disc problem is good.

10:42 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice choice of photos. Hopefully the back gets better soon.

10:20 am  
Blogger Rob said...

WHAT sort of prescription drugs were you taking. IHT must be getting a bit confused by the transformation.

July is nearly over!

9:07 pm  
Blogger Steve Stenzel said...

I want that outfit.....

3:38 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

I prefer the "not so bad " option. No discussions.

12:16 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home