Monday, June 16, 2008

U.G.L.Y you ain't got no alibi

Lining up for Gold Coast marathon in less than 3 weeks ain't goin' to be pretty.

Right now 30 minutes is my max before I need a nap.

How did this happen?

If you have missed a few weeks, I had calf issues and dropped into long slow running. I followed this with surgery to remove minor skin cancer. It wasn't that obvious, as you can see with me pointing to the area of affliction ... look closely and you might detect it!



and so I get it sliced out -- all gone, no need to be concerned anyone.

but I can't run for 2 weeks.

Something about exploding uncontrollable blood gushing ... think car runs over fire hydrant. This is me holding the vein that keeps things from getting really messy.



Okay, that's not all ...

GASTRO

not Fidel ... more brutal ...

[Photos removed by the moderator]

The Gold Coast Marathon countdown is ticking ....

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm ...

beef jerky.

nom nom nom nom nom.

7:52 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

That dog was toast.

Racing the Rattler wasn't runnin'?

9:22 pm  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Ouch on the surgery! Enjoy the time off. Maybe it will be the magic that heals that calf!

9:47 pm  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Anything that helps one keep their finger out of their nose even for a week or so can't be a bad thing.

Talking about fingers out,thanks for the update, so to speak.

10:19 pm  
Blogger Rob said...

Toasty! Looks like your chances of winning by a nose were almost lost.

8:02 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

The training may have been interrupeted but everybody nose you will have a good run at the GC.

1:42 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Scott, it takes cheek to come up with a pun like that. Still, it made me smile, whilst Tesso's was on the nose.

2:43 pm  
Blogger Robert Song said...

That is an impressive show of tissue granulation. Why no skin graft? I have had lots of skin cancers removed so far but I always leave my checks till after the racing season to avoid surgery at a crucial time.
Happy healing.

9:43 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is a nasty looking photo, but it's good that you got it taken care of and that trophy wife approves.

10:16 am  
Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

yikes! Happy healing and I guess this will be another marathon for fun and adventure.

11:57 am  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

eek

ouch

Glad it was mild case.

6:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home