Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tagged

Took me some time to get this together, sorry but here it is ....

1. How would you describe your running 10 years ago?



I used to go for a run and come back red faced, my legs hurt for days after and I waddled around like I wet my pants. It was never more than an hour and a 3K run around the block would be something I considered a good work out. I had shin splints so bad at times, I stopped all together. I was overweight, ran in cheap shoes and wore cotton. I still have the shorts I wore, which a several sizes bigger than what I have now. They were black, I had no style, not even bad style. I blended in with the world and lost who I was. I ran so slow, that old ladies pushing shopping jeeps passed me.

2. What is your best and worst run/race experience?

Worst - last week on Sunday I stopped after half an hour. I was so tired and felt like I would never run again.

Best - it doesn't get much better than this morning, just because I could

3. Why do you run?

I have to! Running is the place I go to relax and I love doing it. It keeps me from getting so stressed that I can't sleep and provides a positive outlet for energy and my thoughts. The irony is that when I run I can stop thinking all together and move around in a trance.

4. What is the best or worst piece of advice you’ve been given about running?

Best - Break your race in to 3 parts, the first easy/comfortable, the second at pace and the third working hard and pushing beyond. And then there was the old guy who believed the secret to never having a knee problem was Brooks.

Worst - Don't do it. It will leave you a cripple. {I shake my head when typing this} Seems to me there are a lot out there who are looking for an excuse as to why they don't run and are quick to jump on you at first sign of a problem. It is a bit sad and their loss.


5. Tell us something surprising about yourself that not many people would know.


I don't like yogurt. This goes back to my primary school days when I took a tub for lunch but left it in my vinyl school bag on a hot day. The lid came off, and the warm, sour paste contaminated the bag and left me with a smell that has stopped me eating the stuff since.

11 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Interesting reading Toasty. Hard to imagine you blending. I trust that you have found you again.

5:42 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Ah, but have you tried off-yogurt on toast?

What's wrong with cotton? I bought some US-made Y-fronts in LA and they're still working perfectly!

9:47 pm  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:57 am  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

Uh-oh! I'm tagged and I already answered these!

http://jeannelouwho.blogspot.com/2008/06/tagged-myself-again.html

So I guess should I answer them again, from TODAY's point of view?

2:00 am  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

2:38 am  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

OK, my second set of answers is up at TOO BLOG-CHALLENGED.
:-P

2:38 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Yeah, at least now you have bad style.

2:38 pm  
Blogger Black Knight said...

You got another virus! Very interesting post.

6:19 pm  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

Good that you found yourself!
Where were you?

Maybe that's where I am now...
?

6:16 am  
Blogger Scott said...

Hey Toast and Katy,

Long time since I checked in. Long story - looks like a good ending - I'm gearing up to start blogging again... something about being 46 and starting all over.

Is Katy still blogging? The link seems to be dead. Say hi to her for me.

8:47 pm  
Blogger mike said...

Remember to break Sunday's long run into 3 parts: easy for 35k, pick it up 'til 41.5, sprint to 42.2.

I'll be there taking photos - pretty sure I won't miss you - maybe wear some fluro tights to make sure...

Enjoy

7:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home