Sunday, August 05, 2007

10 seconds

Doesn't sound much but it does make all the difference. Today I finished the week with the Bridge to Brisbane, 55 minute pacer for the 12K's. See me ....



.... that's me with the first lemon balloon in the centre about 10 rows back, level with the truck. Running around with balloons allows you pick yourself out in a crowd of 30,000.

I finished in 54 minutes and found the whole thing quite enjoyable and very comfortable, never feeling I was working hard and able to talk all the way. Had I ran 10 seconds faster per K, it might not have been the same.

I was a little disappointed with the 3K time trial earlier in the week with 11 min 13 seconds ... again 10 seconds would have made all the difference.

April 11:04, May 11:10, June 10:58, July 11:19

About the same distance this week, around 65K, and I am looking forward to the extra 20 minutes on both Wednesday and Sunday which will move me up to 1 hour 10 minutes and 2 hours 40 minutes for these runs.

I spoke to Pat after the Friday session looking for what else I should be doing. I'll keep my longer runs slow and put the effort into Tuesday and Friday speed work.

The best thing this week was how easy running 4:30 pace was today and the long 2 hour 20 minute run on Saturday. I had 15 minutes before joining Matt, Sally, Celeste and Angela for the next 2 hours. Celeste revealed how Sting would make her celerity 5 ("Friends" Season 5 Episode 6) ... when I had to name my 5, I could only think of Tea Leoni from last night's movie and Kylie, obviously for their acting and singing abilities:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my list:
steve buscemi
brendan fraser
vince vaughn
vince d'onofrio
steve zahn.

6:09 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, i forgot to add that i'm willing to talk to tea. kylie just seems like she's been tightened under the knife one too many times. tea? she'd be fun. she'd go to amusement parks.

you can also hang with parker posey. please only have women on the list who would be fun and might not freak if they have something on their teeth.

6:12 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

First, that is the coolest pic ever!

Second, my 5? Off the top of my head...

Matthew McCaughney (esp in "A Time to Kill"), that guy who plays the sheriff in the SciFi Channels "Eureka" series, Billy Zane, Faris Al-Sultan (an athlete had to be in there somewhere!), and.... hmmm.... OH! Bono!! :)

9:50 am  
Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

My 5 are all named George Clooney.

And yes - 10 seconds is an important time interval. In so many ways. It can be way too short for some things but for others, getting rid of it can make all the difference.

2:24 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

Ok, just read the USAT mag, and have to make a change. Chef Rocco is now in my 5! He just did his first HIM, and likes to run in the rain while listening to Metallica. We were MADE FOR EACH OTHER!

So, who do I bump? hmm... Can't I have SIX? I want SIX! :P

1:29 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

That is one steep bridge, or else it is some kind of optical illusion. A list of 5 would all include my wife, oh and maybe Christina Aguilera, oh and maybe Shakira, oh and maybe Fergie, oh and maybe...

1:12 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Yes Katy, Goran would be good.

Go for 10:59 - sounds better than 11:03.

I thought you picked Kylie for her staying power.

What lemon balloon? Where's my magnifying glass?

8:08 pm  
Blogger psbowe said...

You get a bigger balloon next time so you just fly over everybody to help improve your time...

Top five...hmmm Mr. Damon, d washington, chan, I don't know...

8:06 am  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Very cool running pic! No top 5 for me. Just my hubby.

1:17 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Nice pic of you. But you have to equal Clairie and I and get your mug in next year's B2B brochure.

PS After reading about your Saturday run I miss you guys even more :-(

1:50 pm  
Blogger Sarah Elaine said...

Super photo.

And of course we see you? How could we not? ;-)

6:37 am  
Blogger CJ said...

Are you running the Noosa half? Also, do you know of any long runs that I can do while I am up there?

9:13 am  
Blogger Mat said...

Tea has got nice calves, hasn't she.

2:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home