Monday, June 11, 2007

More than run


You see!

I do MORE than run!

I put this pot hanger, which we found at a garage sale about 2 years ago, up this week. Well, it was last weekend that I put it up, but hey, close enough.

Tues 10k, Wed 16k slog in rain, Thurs 10K, Sat 25k ... all slow. Then Saturday night went to running camp. When I woke up yeah, I knew I was gonna be the man who wakes up ready to run shoulder to shoulder with the boss on Sunday morning 23K. A bit quicker than I should have (mostly 4:30 min/k), but hey, how often do we get to stride out with a legend? Finally Monday Race the Rattler 18.75K plus a little extra to bring up 20K, again around 4:40's with lots of hills .... That's a first for me, 3 x 20+K runs in a row.

Let's add it up .... 104K (60+ miles) ... time to start dropping the mileage ... just to be the man who ran a 1000 miles to ...... do the Gold Coast Marathon which is less than 3 weeks to go.

da de da da

da de da da

da de dum da de dum da de da de da da

da de da da

da de da da

da de dum da de dum da de da de da da

Labels:

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i proclaim that i'm gonna be 500 miles from you the next time we're out in public!

8:34 pm  
Blogger Rob said...

Enjoy the taper Toasty. You have some interesting looking critters hannging amongst the pots. Are they results of past cooking failures?

9:46 pm  
Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

There is something hanging from that pot-hanger that does not look at all like a pot. Care to explain??

Good job on that milage. The marathon will seem like a rest in comparison.

12:43 am  
Blogger Clairie said...

That song is now going to be in my head for hours to come. aaarrrgggghhh

7:21 am  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

i think you have an extra "de" in lines 3 and 6. hope that head is not from the last guy who put shit on you....gulp.

10:13 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nice mileage for the week. I hope to get back up there soon as well. Good luck with the taper.

10:24 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

And when you get to the Gold Coast I'm sure you'll do your best, you'll do your best to do the best you can, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh, uh huh ...

7:55 pm  
Blogger psbowe said...

Great find there...now you just gotta get to cooking, don't want to see those pots useless! :)

4:23 am  
Blogger Tomawac said...

This is slightly disturbing how many bloggers know that even more disturbing song.

Good k's Marky. After the GCM, its time to starting thinking about the dark side. Somewhere there is a pair of dt's and a bike with your name on theem, meester. Its only a matter of time....

9:15 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

Isn't it "when I WAKE up", not when I "woke up"? I'm pretty sure. Hmmm... better login to itunes. Just don't fall down at my door, k?

2:15 pm  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hello Toasty

I was just reading that the blogger "Eagle" had run an almost sub 3hrs on some strange build up that included a patch of high mileage like you just did.

I hope it works for you too.

I'd write a witty怀proclaimers reference but they have all be taken.

11:10 pm  
Blogger Bruce said...

Nice pot collection. Thats a good total for the week, have a good taper.

7:05 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Lucky Pat's a slow fat runner these days ;)

I wish I was fast enough to run with his 90 minute pace at Gold Coast.

10:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home