Saturday, June 23, 2007

Greetings from Iceland


Brrrrrrrrrrr

I thought it best I reclaim my blog, after the hijacking of the last post.

So I'm down in Melbourne and about to do an easy 16K or 10 miler with one week left before the Gold Coast Marathon. It's a bad habit to try and run a race before it starts, but sonething I do in my mind. It's a bit like The Cornball Runner, except for me it has me pacing my group next week. I have mental image of geese in formation, heading along the migration path, with runners instead of birds of course. I wonder if the leader of formation feels the pressure of leading the group? I do hope I don't make a goose of myself. Running along, during training, yelling encouragement to imaginary runners is probaly not a good start in that regard. Something to think about when sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky ...

Goose Out!


Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger massoman said...

no problema! you'll do well.

12:21 pm  
Blogger speedygeoff said...

The snowman photo might well have been taken at this week's training session at Dickson. The geese photo proves it was.

12:24 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Seemed weird at Poppys this morn without you.

Glad to hear you were chilling out elsewhere.

8:06 pm  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Hello Toasty

I'm not one to throw cliches around willy nilly but I did come aross a good quote that I thought was apt.

"It is a paradoxical but profoundly true and important principle of life that the most likely way to reach a goal is to be aiming not at that goal itself but at some more ambitious goal beyond it."

All the best with your Gold Coast Run.

10:44 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

So you're the goose that looks like it's flying backwards?

Great choice! The snowman suit will be just the thing for that freezing gold coast weather everyone's been complaining about.

9:58 pm  
Blogger Peterhorse said...

if some of your goslings drop back, you might look like one of your pacing graphs; if they get ahead of you, a chalice; forming a base at the rear, an isoscelese or equilateral triangle, and then the ultimate would be to encircle, thereby shielding their leader from the elements. hexagons and octagons should be discouraged after 32k as unsustainable.

just some geometrical thoughts to help you exercise your analytical mind as u progress :-)

9:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you going to poop on the cars you pass?

5:29 pm  
Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

I have a swim coach who can do a 200 meter race in his head and finish in his goal time. Not quite a marathon, though, is it?

Just keep them in formation and it will all fall out from there!

12:49 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hey Goose, Maverick here. Next time you enter our formation, skip the CURRY the night before!!!! ;)

1:29 am  
Blogger Tomawac said...

Hey Marky,

Good luck Sunday!! Make sure you crank up the pace as the race goes along, just to mess with their heads.

Have fun.

12:20 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck with your pacing duties at Gold Coast. Lead the flock all the way to the finish.

12:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home