Tuesday, June 13, 2006

More to life than running

With a holiday weekend and the long run behind me, there is something else I love to do. Besides, my calf decided that I was not going to walk properly for a day or two. Sooooooo, given a little extra time, I like to try new culinary dishes. Here is the honey soy pork stir fry ... wasn't bad, but hardly popping bulbs on the yummy metre.

I'm also a fan of the Iron Chef and enjoy the play at home version. That's where you look into the fridge for the feature ingredient. Last night it was "peanuts" so I chose to make satay sauce ........ once again didn't pop the bulbs on the yummy metre. Katy likes to eat peanuts still in the shell. I left a few in the shell when I crushed the nuts into tiny pieces, for that added fibre. For some reason, Katy didn't find picking grit from between her teeth the same level of fun.

On another note, you can see our hot sauce collection. For a reason that will remain a mystery until the day I die, one time Katy splashed her eggs with the "Scorned Woman". Not even I would perform such a "laugh in the face of danger" stunt. Suffice as to say, it ended in Katy chugging milk by the gallon whilst standing in the middle of the kitchen floor. Not the first time this has happened in our house and I fear it won't be the last.

On to something different ........ Katy has this thing called a "personal massage device". It is about this long ..... says me holding my hands slightly apart. When she uses it, she makes loud sounds and I can't work out if she is in pain or not. I've tried it when she wasn't looking but figure I wasn't doing it right cause it doesn't do it for me. Do you use one of these things?

P.S. Thanks for the wonderful comments about Pacing, I'll be putting them into practice for sure.

10 Comments:

Blogger Toasty said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:21 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Maybe Katy would like to get into some of Mrs Balls stuff ... https://www.shop-southafricans.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=67

I've got some, couldn't resist with a name like that, but haven't opened it. Might not until I have milk on hand.

10:35 pm  
Blogger Bolder said...

finally!

i didn't have to put my fingers over my eyes and peek through them to look at one of your picture posts!!

2:33 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

Oh Katy, that's the entry-level model. You need to upgrade to the battery-operated model... much better results ;)

3:59 am  
Blogger Clairie said...

um my mum won't let me read your blog anymore......

8:18 am  
Blogger psbowe said...

So freakin hungry now!! And I luv spicy food too! Damn you!!

Maybe it's time for food pictures again on my site...do you think it's a good idea?? we'll see, no promises though

9:48 am  
Blogger Habeela said...

I'm must still be in race mode. Spicy food immediately provokes the response "STOP!" which is the opposite of the normal response which is "oh, wait. Am I eating something spicy?"

9:38 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'll get my mind out of the gutter now, but you drug me there.

1:25 pm  
Blogger Scott said...

Now that I've seen the stick, I don't need to post the following:

She is definately not in pain and yes, you are apparently using it wrong. If you were using it as intended you would definately get it.

7:33 pm  
Blogger E-Speed said...

yikes stay away from the hot sauce!

The Stick is wonderful!

12:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home