Friday, April 14, 2006

Hot Cross Crouton Classic


I know I'm still to post the details of my marathon run but .......... today was another race. I think the organisers had some other name for it.

We have marked this one on the calendar for some time and the lead up had been calculated and thorough. "Clare, what was you preparation"? ...... "I did skipping and ran up and down the street a few times" .... Andrew went on bike rides.

So we lined up and were soon belting down the first K of the 3K route. I must admit I was a little concerned when Clare's face went red and she looked like she did the day I decided they would be OK for an 8K ride in the heat of summer, without water, climbing the big hills along the day ............. I got it wrong that day.

It was not the same today .... the little troopers responded to every challenge and after regaining breath would surge from time to time until the finish line was insight.

First Andrew ........ I suggested the big sprint finish and 300m out gave him the word .... not yet dad! ....... 200m .... now? ... not yet dad! .... 50m and off he shot for a well deserved chocolate egg waiting at the end.

Then it was Clare's turn who was not far behind ....... I imagine it could be a little annoying having dad one step behind talking up the last 100 metres or so .... but with momentum and poise we crossed the line together.

I'm so proud of these guys ..... especially for not giving up time and time again through the run.

And what tops it off, they told me it was fun.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats to the Croutons. But why aren't they decked out in any of the flashy Toasty gear?

1:22 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

It looks like a great race. My entire family will be running/walking our first 5K together next Saturday. I suppose I should take them out running at least once before then.

1:52 pm  
Blogger psbowe said...

Nice racing.
So what do they think of your wild tights??

5:13 pm  
Blogger Robert Song said...

They are brave kids.

My kids wouldn't be seen within a 100 metres of me if I was wearing those tights.

I was showing them some photos of Canberra and they asked if anyone was in fancy dress. I showed them your photo and said that was as good as it got in that department.

8:21 pm  
Blogger Bolder said...

both having their picture taken, AND racing with their father wearing those tights!

your kids will never have to prove their courage to me again.

11:29 pm  
Blogger E-Speed said...

awwe cute photos! looks like the kids had a good time!

3:49 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hahaha.... nice pics! Great run! Tell Clare not to worry, my skin turns bright red whenever I workout. I'm told it's a sign of good circulation :) I think it's a sign of pale skin. :P

12:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info Immobili in vendita cassino Carrie underwood butt Anonyme webserver fax number for grayson kentucky sanitation Indications complications of zocor 2006 lamborghini mercielago amateur station id program Mexican wellbutrin sr free consultation girl transvestites Migraines and zoloft Troubleshooting dvd player Aluminum frame woven patio furniture set Fairy tale stationery teeth whitening cheap How much is zantrex 3 in drugstores go smile teeth whitening

6:23 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home