Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The day that the women of Brisbane conquered Canberra

Where do I start?

The day before the race which includes the flight to Canberra, the 10K marathon eve event or should I cover the fashion aspect.

Lets go to the photos.......


Tara 1st marathon, 3:30:28, and she's like wow is that what a marathon is like? and I'm like Wow, are you sure you haven't done this before?



Ciaran and Tara (I spent many hours together in training with these two) ... Ciaran came in with a PB 3:32:40



This one I call closing on the Kill



The clever executioner .... hey they are all gone!



In search of new enemies of the Black Army



The end ..... well almost!


Introducing Clairie 1st marathon 3:23:15 ............

I've been lucky to have spent some time out on the road with this exceptionally gifted, dedicated and committed runner and sensational person. I was also lucky enough to sneak home a little ahead of her and catch her as the magnitude of her achievement swept over her just after crossing the line.

10 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

Nice. Would be rude to hate them? 3:23 first marathon??? WTF?

Nice pants bro. *snicker*

1:01 am  
Blogger psbowe said...

I'm jealous of that first marathon time!

And great pictures..oh the tights too!

3:08 am  
Blogger E-Speed said...

OMG Those tights!

Wow you have some speedy female friends!

4:13 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

You have a fast and easy pace. The final time is wonderful. The clever executioner is a great and brave warrior. The Black Knight Army thanks his aussie hero!

5:10 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great job to those first time speedy marathoners. You better watch out on the next one.

1:35 pm  
Blogger D said...

Gotta love those tights Toast!

5:49 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your mental program borders on genius! Great Job.

6:35 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Great pics Toasty, glad you let the rest of the world see the great daks you wore that day.

It was to good to be able to hang out with you guys for the weekend, Pilar and Tim are still laughing about your 'first date' story.

12:22 pm  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

Jeez! I've done SEVEN marathons, and you are HOURS faster than I am!

SPEEDY!!

Would I run faster in those tights? (Um, NO, but I'd WANT to...)

:-D

12:11 pm  
Blogger Clairie said...

okay okay I'll pay up the ransom for those photos.....Just saw them today when I got back from the coast.

OMG am I like really waving the crowd on? And in the photos there are only like 2 people in the crowd. My memory was the sidelines were packed with screaming people cheering me on and I was royalty coming in for my olympic finish.....guess I did get a bit sunstroke out there after all.

Great run and Katy - thanks for the cheers and support. Might have to drop my time and stop to get a decent photo next time, at least suck in the flab and hold my arms steady instead of looking like a Steady Eddie relation bordering on dehydration.

As for that photo of Katy. I think you just sold me on the idea of those tights. No one, like, no one is gonna miss either of you in a crowd. And heh - if they make my boobs look bigger I'll buy 10 pairs~!!

2:30 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home