Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Bloop

"Bloop" .... pronounced like "shook", "hook", "book" .... now say to again ..... bloop.

Bloop is the sounds chilli makes while in the pot ... at least the way I make it ........ I concoct a large vat of brown pastey dense liquid complete with a handful of my home grown chillies ...... as the pot sits under the burner the surface starts to breath ...... eventually the diaphram of the surface receeds like a fast moving tide and erupts back up like a large mud bubble from a thermal spa and goes bloop!

Soon after the first bloop I put the lid on ..... and wipe down the walls, the bench tops and the inquisitive dog. Blooping is messy business.

And with all that said I have introduced you to the subject of Sports Nutrition leading up to a marathon ........

One must make sacrifices to be a fine tuned athlete, and so here is mine .......

Yes indeed the switch to low carb beer. Every extra pound is crutial on the big day and carbo loading is not due until the last 48 hours.

Monday morning there was something of a rumbling and pressure down below, if you know what I mean ......

Could have been the chilli .......... or the beer ...... or the dried fruit ........ perhaps even the licorice .......... or the chilli salami ....... well you see folks I am not prepared to be sitting back and relaxing just because it's taper week ..... I still like to challenge myself ....... stand back!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

I think I'm glad I can't run with you this weekend.

9:02 pm  
Blogger Robert Song said...

I can recommend the cap down the back of your shorts. Can cover a multitude of sins.

10:07 pm  
Blogger Clairie said...

Just stick with the good ole plain toast!

7:57 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nothing wrong with pure blonde. How do you think my kids got the blonde hair?

11:54 am  
Blogger D said...

I recommend solo running for the next few days - be kind to your fellow runners IlikeToast. Funky tights by the way and happy bday to your daughter!

7:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home