Saturday, March 11, 2006

Week 8 - All wrapped up.

One more big week and then the taper. That's one more long run next Saturday and a couple of Yassos (9 and 10 times 800m in 2:55 minutes each).

Compared to my last marathon preparation, I'm ahead by a small bit. I managed 2 runs on Tuesday one in the morning and one at night. My leg is getting a little less painful and I had a 2 day break after Wednesday's mid-week 22K. It was 9:30 PM on Wednesday and I had completed about 15 or 16K when I sat on a park bench and stopped for a minute thinking "I'm a little tired". Could have been the time of night, but after working a full day, it gets really tough for me to complete the big distances at the end of my program. Considering all this, I'm feeling quite strong and ready to finish this marathon off with the anger of a young camel in a state of protracted sexual abstinence (this comes from my favorite post of the week). I think I'll have to wear a black arm band on the day due to the fallen warrior the Black Knight who has lead many around the world on journeys like mine.


Total Ks: 87 versus plan of 75
Yassos 8 x 800 at 16.5 Kph or 2:55 minutes each
Hills up and around the mountain finishing at 4:14 pace
Mid-week run 22K @ 5:11 min/K (but finished about the last 2K @ 4:00 min/K)
Long Run 35K @ 5:05 min/K (the last 5K were at 4:25 min/K)

Average pace over the week 4:57 min/K

Something of a triathlon has been accomplished in the land of crusty and soft bread. Master crouton competed in a regional swimming relay final and soft bread loving wife has taken to the bike and has posted how she created the "freckle bruise". The first born crouton clipped her wing at school camp but sounds chirpy and is recovering well.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, great running there Toasty, especially those Yassos. I can sense a huge PB, and an NY qualifier, coming on in April :-)

1:21 pm  
Blogger Bolder said...

what is your basic problem man? leave those poor Yassos alone -- what did they ever do to you.

mess with the dingos, and you mess with the PDL posse -- maybe you should stick to the Yassos.

we be watchin'.

2:54 pm  
Blogger CJ said...

I have the half marathon tomorrow and then one more week of big runs and then finally the taper - really looking forward to that!

3:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad how can you do these runs? dont you get tried? plus you make it look easy, wats your secrect?


(and wat is a Yassos?)

8:29 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... » » »

2:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home