Sunday, March 05, 2006

Week 7 - Running Heaven


I was thinking that this week flew by ...... not like it flu by for poor Tesso or even as it must have flown by for Clairie, who I swear must have sprouted wings. I got to the end of Week 7 of my program feeling like it wasn't such an ordeal, and that I can see the crest of the program as far as all the hard work goes (see diagram). Two more big training weeks is not such a big deal for me now.

In reality, last week was more like two weeks in one. It started with cutting short my long run a week ago, and then getting to the gym Tuesday to put together some Yasso 800s and not being able to get even one rep. So Wednesday, I put the clock away and ignored the pain in my leg and hobbled off with renewed focus. I ran my mid-week "half" 21k without my usual anal retentive obsession of worrying about my pace every 5 seconds. It was a major turning point and I haven't looked back.

Total Ks: 83 versus plan of 93 (dropped a session)
Tempo run on Sunday was SLOW .... I had some sad thoughts weighing heavy on my mind.
Yassos missed due to pains in my right lower leg. I was dressed and made it to the gym but just couldn't get it going, so went home with tail between my legs.
Mid-week run up to 21K @ 4:56 min/K
Long Run 38K (35 at @ 4:54 min/K) and 3 more with Clairie .... (I was thinking at the end of my run that I wanted her to reach her goal of getting the 38 and intended on waiting for her on the other side of the Goodwill bridge whilst she ran laps of the garden). The last 8K/5mile were at 4:30 min/K or 7:30 min/mile (It's a good sign of where my marathon pace is at).

Average pace over the week 4:52 min/K

I love my wife ........ she bought me a small pack of Doritos "Cheese Supreme".

7 Comments:

Blogger Robert Song said...

Nice long run at a very respectable pace especially the last 8k section at 4:30 pace.

8:14 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Wow, pity the marathon wasn't yesterday, you were flying! Things are going to get better too, including the weather I hope.

Spotted the lovely Katie this morn, couldn't miss those flash tights coming towards me on the Goodwill Bridge.

9:31 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

Great training thus far... even if I have no idea how far you are running because I'm a stubborn American who refuses to use the metric system. And what is a "yasso"?

Sorry to hear about the sad thoughts. (hug).

1:45 am  
Blogger Bolder said...

no sad thoughts my friend.

keep runnin'.

4:12 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

You are working hard and I am sure you are ready NOW for a great marathon. Leave the sad thought to the enemies!

5:56 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I know my wife loves me when she makes me Chocolate Chip cookies and allows me to eat them all within 24 hours.

9:43 am  
Blogger psbowe said...

I always been a doritos fan! Oh cookies too, this is turning into a cookies discussion.

No more sad thoughts, you're not allowed.

4:26 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home