Thursday, April 06, 2006

Week 12 - Warm Teddy



A heat pack is like having your leg hugged by a warm teddy.

So it's the last week.

Ahhhhhh.......

The 12 weeks will round out at 800K (500 miles). The last 26.2 miles can't be that much surely?

I can finish my log as there is only one run left.

Two runs this week 10K @ 4:34 min/K and 8K tonight at 4:18 min/K finished @ 4:07 just on 6:30 min/mile pace woohoo.

My IcK (Inner Kenyan) arrived and will help me through on Sunday, it really feels great when he runs with me. I also have Sven (my Inner Nordic) aka the nordic skier to help me power over the hills and judging by the weather forecast I'm going to need him as well. I hope there's room for all of us on the plane!

Katy has left a little journal lying around the house ...... it comes from Sammy and Lynn .... I flick through it and work on my Mental Skills ..... hence Ick and co.

Thanks to all for you encouragement and inspiration.

9 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

6:30 min mile??? omg. What a rock star!

Good luck... not that you need it with THAT entourage. You'll do awesome! WW will be running alongside you the entire way! :)

12:36 am  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Good Luck! Have a great race!

5:36 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

From what I'm hearing about the weather in Canberra if you are 'warm and toasty' you will be a very popular man to stand next to.

See ya there.

10:52 am  
Blogger BuckeyeRunner said...

Good luck in you marathon!

9:19 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good luck on Sunday!

12:47 am  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

Have a FABULOUS time with the Kenyans and Nordic gods!!
Whoo-hooo!!!! :-)

2:31 am  
Blogger Scott said...

Best of luck this weekend!

9:56 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

You are as fast as the wind now! No mercy for the enemies they will not find a hole where hiding themselves!

1:54 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

Hmm... since it be Sunday here, I think it be Monday there so.... WHERE IS THE REPORT OF YOUR PILAGING AND PLUNDERING OF CANABERRA?? (Or however you spell it). The Army grows impatient.

BTW, since you're a day ahead, got any good stock tips?? Uncle Sam's a-knockin' and I need to raise some dough!

1:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home