Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Number 9

Here we are again ...

It was one of those days on Sunday. Listening to the rain at 4:30 and thinking, "I don't want to do this".

The crew were on fire and I was starting to drift back within the first 5 k. At first, I thought there was something wrong with me (well on top of everything else that is wrong with me). My calf was holding but painful on every stride. I checked my watch as I lost sight of my running comrades (4:25 for the K).

Matt stood by my side after the break at 8K and by 15K I had decided to bail out and head for home. It was too painful and it didn't seem to make any sense to aggravate an injury. I was already dropping back to 5 min/K's. It got real ugly and my heart was gone once I was alone. I was running down to 6 min/K's and just wishing it was over.

23K's by the time I finished, cold and miserable.

Here's a nice song ... no explanation of what it means to me, but I hope you like it too.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home