Monday, September 26, 2011

A week goes by

A week goes by so quickly ... I find it hard to believe that September is nearly finished and before I know it, the year will be over. I have heard and read similar words time and time again. I am sure I say or think the same thing each year. I have to admit that it was a full week and there were times that I felt I wouldn't make it. That wasn't running related ... no, the running was good, that went well.

Last week, I did few recovery runs even though I felt like I should be doing more. Tuesday, Thursday and Friday were all 10k runs. The last 2 runs were from home out to the Story Bridge and back. Tuesday was something special for me because it was with my 2 friends Tesso and Clairie. It felt like such a long time that we ran together and it was something we used to do a lot a few years ago.

Saturday was about 22K with a 5k pace session, no stopping, hitting each K 3:42, 3:53, 3:53, 3:56, 3:48. I never thought I would have been able to do this before (run a string of sub 4 min K's). Even a month ago I couldn't do this ... I started with the group, did my own thing then had a chat on the way back and ran alongside my training partner at the end, so I felt like it was 3 runs in one (a real bonus).

Sunday was down along the Gold Coast for a social 10k followed by cooling off in the surf. One of the little things in life :)

So how do I feel?

My running feels a bit easy at the moment. I think it is the contrast with the rest of my life. I have a strong desire to be a good supportive person to all my friends. This seems to be a theme. I think it might be about trying to make up for my absense from being so caught up in the Gold Coast marathon quest or even longer than this. Actually it could also be more that I am inspired to be a better friend or even just to be a friend in the first place.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home