Thursday, October 11, 2007

News from Mr Toast in China (updated with photos)

From an email to his darling wife:
For some reason my Blogger is all Chinese so I can't edit.

Talk about scary, try driving at 160 kph down a freeway with no streetlights at all, ducking and swerving through overloaded top heavy trucks. That was my car collection and drive for 80 km when I arrived. To let them know he was coming, the driver would flick his headlights as he approached most trucks to stop them changing lanes. If he was blocked, he would tailgate from about a metre away and blast his horn until the truck moved across.


Oh, and a photo:



I like to think that he's starkers from the knee up. It's the little things that keep me excited while he's away. I've asked him to email me his race report, so I may post it for him. I'm sure he can trust me.

Charlie got modern and added his man-angels. Mangels?

Geoff, Matty, and Chubbystump

And the Katy with the 3 Fartlekstateers: Tessos, Celethos, and Alymis.

8 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Confucius say … Man who eat many prunes get good run for money.

2:19 pm  
Blogger 21stCenturyMom said...

oh how I don't love being driven in foreign countries. Madness!

2:54 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Edit it first! Or, at least add some Katy-like commentary to the usual boring "leg didn't fall off, happy with 4:XX per km, a 5 minute positive split, and it's all due to Pat and my physio. Thank yuz all".

8:32 pm  
Blogger E-Speed said...

one of these legs is not like the other...

Ouch!!!

10:14 pm  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Katy you look like a sexy librarian in that pic! I love it! Not running has not phased your good looks at all!

12:57 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope those get back to the same size soon. I am talking about Marc's ankles of course.

2:27 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

That would make you Katyos. Where's Annette Fungichellos? She was my favourite.

8:26 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

no, katy would be k'atagnan.

8:40 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home