Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Quote

"Since my Vasectomy I haven't been feeling myself lately"

.....

hmmmmmm

.....

Was that the wrong thing to say?

What I meant was that I felt a little deflated ......... well ..........

There is always post marathon blues (phew, at last I think I am getting his post back to a decent level). There has been research that supports "running makes us happy" and therefore it would also make sense that after a marathon and not running would have the opposing effect.

I plan on swimming in the morning.

Thanks to all for the Birthday wishes as well as the Sympathy thoughts for the loss of a Katy's cat Sierra. Over the next few days we will be getting back on track. It's been a tough time lately.

12 Comments:

Blogger RunDave said...

That's one harsh birthday present! I hope things settle down soon.

9:55 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, it was 3 days off of work! soooo there's a little bruising. call it wrapping paper!

7:42 am  
Blogger Ginger Breadman said...

I guess I'm a little late - but happy birthday and sorry about the cat. Don't worry about the 'after-marathon' blues - it'll get better. Acknowledging them and accepting them are the first steps to getting over them.

7:42 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

They give you three days off work for a vasectomy!!!

Where do I sign up?

8:32 am  
Blogger CJ said...

Hope you had a happy birthday, all things considered!

Sorry to hear about Katy's cat.

Good luck with the swimming - do a couple of laps for me because I'm still finding excuses as to why I don't need to!

4:39 pm  
Blogger Bolder said...

swimming's a good thing to tri.

9:22 am  
Blogger *jeanne* said...

Oh...so sorry about Sierra. My Bill is just back from the vet - his 6 month senior cat check-up. He has not come out from under the bed since our return. He's under there, giving me the evil eye.

Happy belated birthday, and I hope you get through post-marathon let-down soon!

8:14 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Katy's kitty.

Keep your chin up. Just because a little part of our manhood has been taken away from us it does not mean that we are any less manly. At least that's what I tell myself in the mirror every morning.

3:11 pm  
Blogger Black Knight said...

I hope that the vasectomy was not a birthday present! If so I will not say the date of my birthday (very soon indeed).

1:32 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

But does it make you run faster?

The only reason I ran marathons was to get in touch with my blue side.

8:39 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you read about the guy who won the Chicago marathon? Be thankful that didn't happen to you.....bummer! You will be back to normal (almost) soon.

2:05 am  
Blogger E-Speed said...

hope the injury is healing. (the calf)

I will be planning on joining you on the resting scene Nov. 19th!

Happy Belated Birthday!

5:02 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home