Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Meet the Press





ahem ...... is this on ..... (*tap, tap, tap*) ..... ok

Thank you all for coming to this press conference in Marathon Week. It is really great to see so many familiar faces. I was going to start with a joke, as an ice-breaker, but Haight has already covered ..... err uncovered ..... that one for me. Nice work there, Mr Hangout!

Let me preempt the first question .... "How is the calf injury?" ..... well ..... time is quickly runnng out to get it right for the race. I did pull up suddenly on Friday with a sharp pain. The acupuncture treatment on Saturday was tested this morning and again my calf was very sore. To be honest, I am very worried about it and will be trusting the advise of the experts for a final treatment on Thursday. In the mean time there will be no running. Providing the damn thing doesn't tear during the race, I expect to be going full speed on Sunday and ignoring the pain.

but let's go straight to the floor for questions .... ok you over there

hmmm ... good question ..... for those who didn't hear it, I was asked "do i have any non time related goals" .... the answer is quite simple ... i want to finish knowing i did my best regardless of the time, the finish time will depend on the conditions and a number of other factors ... i've done the training and this race i'll be taking the words recently published by Pat and will be 100% committed to the mission.

time for a few more .... you over there ...... yes you ....

13 Comments:

Blogger Wobbly man said...

*raises hand* Is there any truth in the rumour that you Queenslanders can't drink beer without spilling it after running a marathon? See you Sunday I hope!!

9:24 pm  
Blogger Robert Song said...

*question* Do you think the calf stain is anyway linked to the obvious huge effort you must have put in mentally, physically and emotionally in composing that wonderful ode to vanilla poem?

10:23 pm  
Blogger Toasty said...

Wobbly, I heard a rumour that a Victorian was sitting at the end of a bar. He sees a lamp at the end of the table. He walks down to it and rubs it. Out pops a genie. It says, "I will give you three wishes."

The man thinks awhile. Finally he says, "I want a beer that never is empty."

With that, the genie makes a poof sound and on the bar is a bottle of beer. The Victorian starts drinking it and right before it is gone, it starts to refill. The genie asks about his next two wishes.

The man says, "I want two more of these."

11:37 pm  
Blogger Toasty said...

Well Robert, let me ponder that for awhile ..... hmmmm ..... No!

11:39 pm  
Blogger Toasty said...

Susan you are most welcome down under. Geez that didn't sound right did it?

Try again:

If you make the trip to Australia we would love to be your host ... for awhile ... unless we think you are immigrating and then you will be up for rent .... which we offer at very reasonable rates.

3:48 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a good one this weekend. Keep that calf tear free.

11:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a great injury-free run this weekend. We'll be "rootin'" from afar for you and your galactic star princess!

8:41 am  
Blogger Chelle said...

Hope you make it :)

7:30 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Do you have crutches stashed at each drink station?

How do you know Susan has been out Booz'n again?

10:13 pm  
Blogger Black Knight said...

What an unforgettable press conference! There is a long report also on Runner's world italian issue!

3:21 am  
Blogger Tammy said...

I'm not sure what I boycotted... but I am goin' out boozin' tonight! Yeah buddy... that's how I rolllllll.

Have a great race, but remember... live to fight another day.

10:13 am  
Blogger CJ said...

Good luck to both of you for Sunday - I will have all my fingers crossed for your calf! And sounds like Katie has been carbo loading at KokoBlacks *sigh*!!!!

8:58 pm  
Blogger admin said...

Hi there! Hope your race went well! Your german supporter!

8:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home