Friday, September 15, 2006

Only the Summit Left


HELLO ...... hello

The climb up the mountain goes ...... well ...... but ...... I'm ...... getting ...... a ...... little ...... breathless.

Me and my big mouth about how this is "Mountain Week"!

On Sunday I ventured out on a dark, cold, wet night to record the first 15K. On Monday morning, it was raining lightly for the start of my 10K and then the skies really opened up and I had to slosh my way around jumping puddles. Whilst splashing about, I was happy to meet Katy on her way to work riding her aqua-bike ...... In the evening I didn't get home until 8 and at that point dropped the planned 12K tempo.

By Tuesday morning, the weather cleared up, so the speed session was pleasant by comparison. Then on Wednesday, I did 21K and a fair of it with Tesso and Clairie. It wouldn't have been anywhere near as quick or as enjoyable without them.

Thursday morning, I kept shoulder to shoulder with Ciaren on the 2 minute efforts with 30 sec jog intervals. I even managed to double up with that missed tempo run in the evening.

All that remains for the week is the 35K long run which will round out the week around 115K. And then it's taper time.



Taper/Tapir .... oh, I crack me up sometimes!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That is quite a mountain week. It took me a minute to do the math in order for it to make sense for me. I think in miles you know. Nice visual for the Tapir. You crack the rest of us up as well.

10:28 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Aw shucks, I was thinking the same thing about you guys and the Wednesday run :-)

7:28 pm  
Blogger Black Knight said...

It looks like a shipwreck more than an aquabike!

3:11 am  
Blogger Ginger Breadman said...

That bike ride looks a little wet. I saw tapirs at the Woodland Park zoo today - how hilarious!

Once you get to the top of the mountain, does the view get clearer?

3:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home