Sunday, August 06, 2006

Timing is Everthing

It can be as simple as the batch of cookies Katy made or as complex as ......... bugger! ....I had the feeling this was going to be a great post ..... sigh.



Anyhow, toast hater's mother is here ..... now if the kids are the croutons she must be ..... careful now ...... a little help .... please .... suggestions for a suitable nickname.

It's great having her ([Insert Witty Toast Related Nickname]) here and we have enjoyed the weekend in Noosa home of the Noosa Half-Marathon in 2 weeks and home of Australia's premier Tri on October 29th. I did my long run from Noosaville to Perigean Beach along a series of hills and winding paths ..... just about killed me. After some wise words taken from the chronicles of Bolder and a chat with Tesso on Thursday, I decided that I'll do an easy week after 2 hard weeks in my training program. This decision gave may great comfort knowing that the "hills from hell" (as I now know them) will soon be followed by a week off the weekly slog which is training for a marathon (perhaps I'm being a little dramatic).

Next weekend I'm off to the theatre to see Crouton's debut. Seems that instead of two singing horses they made a costume change to have the two performers form one horse. And which "end" did my crouton get????? The head .... phew ..... which reminds me how I started this post ... yes, not only is timing everything it is also about position.

12 Comments:

Blogger Bolder said...

um, Mother Crouton?

or, is that too nun-like for someone who has progeny?

then again, if she is nun-like, then it's perfect!

you could just call her MC when you want it to sound more street.

p.s. glean what you can from Bolder, he's as wise as those wise that he pays to make him wise because otherwise he would unwisely train himself into the ground.

p.p.s. Load and Recover -- say it three times

p.p.p.s. no more coffee while blogging

10:50 pm  
Blogger Chelle said...

um

Sour Dough... or is that a bit naughty

How about;
Toast-in-law
Mother Bread
Mrs Fruitcake (oppss again)

8:38 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Guess she's the croutons step grandmother, so how about Multi-Gran?

10:04 am  
Blogger Habeela said...

Bread?

12:18 pm  
Blogger RunDave said...

The broth?

But I like Tesso's idea.

3:23 pm  
Blogger Rob said...

Multi-Gran gets my vote Toasty. i think Tesso is very clever.

My suggestion is Raisin Toast but Multi-Gran is much better.

9:42 pm  
Blogger Haight said...

Mother Loafer?

Crusty? (that's too mean, sorry)

Dough Mama?

Yeast Beast? (sorry, another bad one)

Queen of Wheat?

OK...I'm rambling

12:15 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey! Who made the cookies that look a little toasty?

2:18 pm  
Blogger Ginger Breadman said...

A run to the beach on a series of hills and winding paths? What could be better? The cookies helped me think of a suitable nickname for Katy's mom -
'Toast well-done'.

12:52 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

Well, for a mother in law there are many "nice" nicknames but I am sure you know very well all of them. I suggest Lady in Black (in honour of the glorious Army's clever executioner).

1:33 am  
Blogger E-Speed said...

I like Multi Gran too! MMM cookies :)

12:25 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

Since she comes before da toast, she must be da dough. ;)

12:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home