Saturday, July 15, 2006

Croutonopia

I have to go back a couple of weeks now to catch up on the Croutons' trip up to stay with their dad for a week. Clare Crouton is getting braces on her teeth (they were put on the week after she went back home) and as I endured this treatment in my youth, was able to pass on my words of wisdom. "Now listen up Clare, there are 2 very important things to remember about braces" ....

"1 ...... Do not play the trombone and 2) Use mouthwash twice a day"...... "Seriously, I tried to play the trombone and it shredded the inside of my mouth".


"Got that?"

"Yes Dad"



Andrew is playing soccer and plays left back, I said that it was better than "Left out" ... he said "ha ha ha very funny dad!" (although I suspect he didn't find it as funny as I did or even as funny as the time when I made Clare laugh and pass juice through her nose)



Clare has started to do a little running of her own and I always like to see them being active.



.... the family theme kept on going ... Mum and Dad dropped in for a few days. Great to see them. Dad walked the legs off the greyhounds and mum ironed my socks!

.... in a couple of weeks, Katy's mum is coming over for a short stay .... I'm also looking forward to that ... who doesn't love mother-in-law who can mix a mean margarita?! .... Sharon's birthday will coincide with the visit, so I've started thinking about where to have dinner that night ..... I think it would be nice to invite her as well!

AND ... in a couple of weeks, I'm going down to Melbourne to see Andrew play soccer and Clare perform as a singing, dancing horse in the school production ...

AND then we see them all again in at the Melbourne marathon in October.

AND we are also finalising plans to be in Honolulu for the December marathon. This will allow us to meet Katy's dad over there as well as catch up with Sharon again!

11 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

Reading your blog has exhausted me ILT. I'll have to go and have a little lie down.

What a busy life you lead!

8:59 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

Whoa! That computer programmer guy is hawt! Do you have his #?? ;)

Hey, make sure Clare listens!!! That's why my teeth are crap now. Had braces for 4 years, and when they came off, I had to have filling around every single bracket! The filling turned yellow from coffee, etc, and cannot be whitened! I'd have to have my fillings re-drilled to ever have white teeth again!!!! :P

8:36 am  
Blogger Robert Song said...

Tammy email me and I'll give you my number. I'm a programmer and look exactly like that guy.

Except he has a bit better upper body definition. Oh yeah and I'm going bald. And he is few years younger, but we computer programmers know the advantage of being sun safe though.

11:44 am  
Blogger Tesso said...

Hey Toasty, show us ya tan lines!

1:20 pm  
Blogger Ginger Breadman said...

The computer programmer tan - it's so true - that's what all the people in Seattle look like at the beach. Braces . . . tuna sandwiches always got stuck in them. You guys are busy - sounds like an active family!

3:08 pm  
Blogger SRR said...

Loved the pictures of the tan lines.

Hawaii, huh? Soooo jealous! Have you been before?

11:17 pm  
Blogger Justin said...

I have played and still play the trombone, and I can relate to how it felt trying to play when I had my braces on. Nothing like enduring random cuts in your mouth for a year and a half!

12:17 pm  
Blogger Haight said...

I agree on the no trombone playing...went thru that myself with the shredding.

1:27 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Those tan lines are distracting. It is hard to tell what is what and what is worth looking at.

3:44 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

10:59 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

2:21 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home