Thursday, July 20, 2006

Email

Just received the following Email from one of the gang at Running School and thought it best to respond.....

>Hi Gang,
>
>This is a huge opportunity to good to be missed.
>
>I find myself this Friday night, without kids and with nothing to do. Hard
>to imagine that someone like me would not have a completely full social
>calender, but yet it is somehow true. So rather that sit at home and take
>in the the fascinating comments by mentals giants such as Fatty Vautin and
>Gus Gould on Friday night footy (again), I thought I might actually do
>something. Any ideas are welcome.
>
>Now, I don't want you all to knock me down at once with great offers, so if
>you could submit invites in an orderly fashion it will make it easier for
>me to respond.
>
>Yours without even a hint of desperation,
>
>Langy



Langy,

I not familiar with this condition "nothing to do" and can offer you some suggestions:

1. Beer can art. I discovered this whilst holidaying in Thailand and decided that it couldn't be too hard to carve into the humble can to create lovely wind chimes/sculptures. I will send a picture of my handy work if you like, but feel it is best left your imagination and creativity. Preparing the materials isn't too bad either.

2. Internet chatting. Not in the "less savory" way, but there are many forums. My favorites include the music themed sites and I post excerpts of lyrics to see if the geniuses can name the title and artist. Does anyone know who sang the song that goes like .... "I'm not sick but I'm not well And I'm so hot cause I'm in hell"

3. Laundry. Anyone can fold the conventional way but have you combined this with origami? My wife doesn't regard it as so amusing to find her underwear knotted into little swans but I roll around the floor cacking myself (roflmao in txt speak).

4. Do you have pets? .... No? .... OK, skip number 4 then.

5. Decoupage. I know, doesn't sound so blokey (colloquial term for masculine). I'm working on a project where I'm cutting out grocery items from the junk mail and pasting them on to a toilet seat.

So there you have it, 5 suggestions without even trying.

Here to help,
Mark
aka Iliketoast
aka Chili Pants
aka GPS Boy
aka I knew your tights before I knew your name
aka [Insert your own name here]

P.S. Will post pictures of my Beer Can Art and Decoupage Project shortly.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Pity I have to work Friday night, that underwear origami sounds like fun.

3:19 pm  
Blogger Bolder said...

i'd say langy's friday night is pretty much full up now...

you're a good friend.

11:18 pm  
Blogger Hannah said...

*ROTFLMAO* you crack me up!

I now totally want instructions for making origami swans from knickers! Hee :)

11:19 pm  
Blogger E-Speed said...

OMG depoopage. You guys crack me up!

6:51 am  
Blogger Jack said...

Nothing to do, what's that mean, I've never experienced this before. I have trouble finding enough time to do everything I would like to do.

You did give me a good idea, if I do a little origami with the laundry maybe my wife will never ask me to fold it again and I will have a little more time to run, think it will work?

4:14 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»

4:36 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

2:06 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home