Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Marathon Diet Plans



Friday, I was chewing a Mintie at work when I made a decision. It was that time or shortly after that the decision was made ...... No more Minties/Candy and no more biscuits/cookies until after the Melbourne Marathon October 8! In fact, No More Minties Ever!!!!!

A Mintie is a hard chewy mint flavoured taffy gooey sweet item. My decision of sweet abstinence came the moment I felt something hard and gritty in my mouth. I spat out my tooth and a filling stuck in a half chewed Mintie. Frantically I check for blood and held my breath waiting for the sharp writhing pain of exposed nerves ..... but there was no blood ..... there was no pain.

Monday, I had a filling that they moulded into a nubbin. Not sure why! Now I have a strange sensation that one of my teeth is a prosthetic.

Anyhow, I'm enter a new phase in my training. One of the themes is Nutrician, so I'm going to eat more of this (below). The other theme is race preparation but I'm not sure what that means yet (will post on that later).



The long thing on the end is a Zucchini. Katy is a big fan of these but I just don't see the same attraction. Skin on or skin off is a matter of taste, but I warn you that if you leave them too long they go limp.

12 Comments:

Blogger Tesso said...

Lizzle would be proud of you!

10:18 pm  
Blogger D said...

Be aware Toastman that broccoli is the gasiest of vegetables so you should probably do the rest of your training solo to avoid jeopardizing your relationships with your fellow runners.

11:36 pm  
Blogger Clairie said...

I love minties. I have a few every day - just dont' keep them in the fridge.

But I guess I too will be giving them up to lead a more...healthy lifestyle. *ho hum*

11:08 am  
Blogger E-Speed said...

Hmm Minties. I have decided to give up beer, it hasn't gone so well so far....

12:43 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

You're going to eat Redheads?

I've heard Zucchini is great in a quiche; but who eats quiche?

4:37 pm  
Blogger Toasty said...

exactly my point!

9:21 pm  
Blogger Haight said...

HI...My name is Toast (Hi Toast)...and I'm a Mintiholic.

So does this mean we won't get any more cookie pics?

As far as the zucchini...I'm glad Susan said it before me.

12:12 am  
Blogger Bolder said...

oh my

12:48 am  
Blogger Ginger Breadman said...

A limp zucchini is not a good thing. Everything in that food picture goes good in a fry pan with lots of garlic and salt - and they're both good for runners as well. (And won't do too much tooth damage.)

3:49 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear that you do not have the same attraction to the zucchini.

11:17 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

What a terrible and hard decision! But if you want to make the story of the marathon you have to.

3:44 am  
Blogger Giorgio said...

olive oil, so you like mediterranean food.

6:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home