Sunday, August 20, 2006

New pictures


Sorry folks, my last picture may have crossed the line of good taste. Here's one that might please you more ........... or not. (See Elizabeth, I listen and respond to your better now post something else stat! comments)

Good taste and State Fairs have rarely been found in the same sentence. On Wednesday we ventured to the "Ekka", Brisbane's Royal Show or State Fair equivalent. We like to play a game which is sort of like "I Spy" .......... sorta! It's called "Best In Show" and the categories can be made up at the time. The rules (as if I live by rules) are that you can pick a category as you go and then it is up to other players to find a "better" choice for "Best In Show".

The first winner was best crack ..... I'm sure you'll appreciate the photo and would have trouble arguing that this is indeed a mighty display.

The second contest involved a "Worst Dress". This is open to teenage girls who deliberately apply excessive make-up and combine high heals, fish net stockings, hair dyes, and various multi-layers of plumage. Judging is based on appropriateness for walking through agricultural yards and the elaborate nature of the accessories.

The picture of the winner, as you see, hardly does justice to the fish net stockings and bright hair streeks but I can assure the field was especially strong this year.

I do feel qualified to judge this event as I have many titles for "worst dress" that I proudly list in my portfolio of accomplishments.

I have added a picture of the wood chop ..... only because I love the wood chop.








And finally one of the many massive mosaics made out of fruits, vegies or seeds.

5 Comments:

Blogger E-Speed said...

LOL thanks!

10:25 pm  
Blogger Habeela said...

Fruit mosaics. Now that's something new.

12:57 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

I think that first winner could use a bit of this ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPgYTZV0N3s

6:13 pm  
Blogger Bolder said...

i'm always nervous when pics are involved in your posts... especially when i'm bloggin' over lunch.

somehow, i feel i got off easy today...

3:43 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katy will have to tell you about the one that got away at the Australia Zoo. . . . .

5:14 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home