Monday, September 25, 2006

The Crouton Crumbles



Ahhhhhhhhh .........

*Sigh*

hmmmmmm ......

This taper business is hard work.

After advice from a number of people I run with, I will not be going all out on the Time Trial in the last week before the marathon. I should have held off this announcement for my press conference next week, but thought I needed to publish it so I can get over the disappointment. I had really hoped to have a good run, since I was tapering and getting the benefits of resting before my runs.

For the second time this year the little (but growing up fast) crouton has fractured her elbow. It's the other arm this time. Much to my relief it isn't too serious. I'm looking forward to seeing her and the other Crouton in 2 weeks before the marathon in Melbourne.

6 Comments:

Blogger Robert Song said...

Is there no end to tapir madness?

9:37 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

someone has a very bad google images addiction.

5:44 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

For some reason I thought our marathons were the same weekend. Maybe that is our next marathon on November 27th or something like that. And Yes, I am excited for this weekend. I feel like I am returning to hook up with an old girlfriend or something.

7:51 am  
Blogger Bolder said...

that's a serious tap()r.

tried to provide you with inspiration as directed... i fell 4 seconds short of your goal time of 1:45.

that's the bad news.

the good news is your goal time is 1:45... for the full.

report back on mission success.

8:11 am  
Blogger Clairie said...

Oh the poor crouton...

how on earth does she manage to fracture her arm twice in one year (even diff arms counts). I think she will just have to start wearing a white jacket that will keep her arms tied up.

9:08 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

And she's still using a right-handed mouse! Poor thing.

10:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home