Saturday, September 23, 2006

Countdown

Warning: The Following Post May Offend

(I keep meaning to do that)

2 weeks to go and the plan is to taper and hydrate ...... must drink more water!

Flo has a theory that if I haven't been used to drinking water, then my body won't crave it. But after a few weeks it will be looking for it. I guess that is what tapering is all about. Run less, so on race day your body wants to run.

On a different note, I was talking to Bob at breakfast and he told me how he made an Itunes playlist for his bedroom activities. "Oh really, Bob" I said trying to be polite, although not wanting to hear what was coming next, and hoping to avoid getting any visual images in my mind. "Yes, he says and the first song is a Tom Jones song" .... then Bob's partner Wendy chimes in with .... "and it plays for 2 minutes so we never to get to the second track" .... Bob goes silent ..... I quickly change the subject.

Next week, I'll be holding a pre-marathon press conference .... get your questions ready.

8 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Hilarious. His wife must be cool to have such a comeback after he brought up the existence of the playlist. Serves him right!

2:39 am  
Blogger Flo said...

I like the extension of my theory to running, it makes sense. The human body was made to move so move it!!!

2 minutes, that's way TMI!!

3:21 am  
Blogger Ali said...

How funny is that, he probably has 20 songs on the playlist. Good intentions

8:17 am  
Blogger Robert Song said...

Reminds me of the patient who went to the doctors complaining that he couldn't stop singing "The Green Green Grass of Home".
The Doctor said it was the Tom Jone's Syndrome. The patient asked if it was common. The Doctor said it's not unusual.

11:46 am  
Blogger Ginger Breadman said...

2 minutes? That's harsh.

2:07 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Robert Song - that was good.

So, they have a treadmill in the bedroom?

8:00 pm  
Blogger Tammy said...

ROFLMAO!!

10:36 am  
Blogger Bolder said...

tell him to switch to 'Stairway from Heaven' for the sake of the marriage...

8:10 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home