Sunday, April 12, 2009

A pretty crappy blog

So what does one do when sidelined?

Decpoo-page of course....




I started collecting grocery catalogs back in 2005 with a view to decoupage. The subject for all the good artificial flavors like Ranch and fake cheeze had to be a toilet seat. Ok, it did take me 4 years to finish this project, but I made it in the end.

I did go and see a sports doctor on Monday after resting my leg all weekend. He rotated and stretch and then decided it could be a tendinopathy or start of a bursa problem. We promptly booked me in for an ultrasound and cortisone injection. I was told, I could run before this and a little inflammation would help the diagnosis and treatment. I ran Tuesday and was a little sore but nothing like before. I ran Wednesday and perhaps slightly more soreness but now rating it around a 1 or 2 and not hitting the high 8 or 9 out of 10 on the pain meter like before. The ultrasound showed a normal knee and surrounding area. No cortisone.

Hmmmmm.

I now have prescribed a course of maximum healing. I ran 16 km (10 mile) with no ill effects on Saturday. Two more light runs this week, and that will do this donkey.

Today, Katy and I took the croutons for ice-cream. 14km round trip walking. I think they will sleep well tonight.

3 Comments:

Blogger Runner Susan said...

Indeed. Pretty and Crappy.

10:35 pm  
Blogger Rob said...

So part of you is normal!

8:34 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

Looks like you'll be fine. I'm starting to worry about that $900 I put on Rob.

Something to read while driving the porcelain bus - clever!

2:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home