Sunday, March 15, 2009

2 hard weeks to go

Week 10 (21,11,18,7,10) = 67k
Oxfam half-mary 1:34, 18k 1:17 (around 4:24 min/k average)

Week 11 started with a non-stop 35k but it got real tough at the end with restricted breathing from the camelback and lack of water causing dehydration. I felt like I was hit by a bus.



My plan now is to take it up a notch and see if I can continue to build speed and endurance with more K's. I am even entertaining the idea of doing a little better than 3:20 in Canberra.

I have also become weight obsessed. Not with what I eat, but always jumping on the scales. I knew the run Saturday, being dehydrated, was going to have me at a new low and it did (68.5 kg) but I was still under 70kg today. 151 lb is 25 lb lost (over 10kg). I wanted to record this, as I am sure it will probably never happen again.

Andrew (crouton) challenged me and I am excited about learning to make queso dip and chilli chicken, I have 3 weeks to experiment.

P.S.

This is for Katy

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, aren't you sweet?

Still doesn't make up for you not getting me a cupcake from the market while I worked the greyhound adoption program stall all day.

7:09 pm  
Blogger Runner Susan said...

He loses weight and feeds Katy cupcakes . . . sounds like an evil plot to me.

Where's my cupcake? : ( I like cupcakes. You could mail it. You know where I live.

9:10 pm  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

I think that seeing as you are an experienced runner the only way to go is do what you are doing. Lose the weight and up the kms. If you do that you will definitely PB and it will be in a lot easier race than the ones you have already done going into them over weight and with not enough ks.

Thanks for the face book tag I'll try to get on it in the next few days.

9:20 pm  
Blogger Rob said...

Good to hear all is going well Toasty. Canberra is shaping up to be a really good race for you.

10:25 pm  
Blogger Clairie said...

I know you have a 3:15 in you easy at the moment.

Go for it.

Heres to the next two big tough weeks!!!!

1:22 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

10 kgs lost? Your tights are going to fall off.

Impressive training, but not as impressive as Scott's 35:48 10k. Still, I reckon you're good for something around 3:12 in Canberra.

5:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home