Monday, September 29, 2008

Been so long and so little me

I like that blogs are my space--my place to post about me. Me, me, me, me, me!

Ok, thanks for sticking around for the self indulgence.

The big news is that we are booked in for the great return of the T, Ex of Us. Yes, home to Texas for family, friends and for forty-two point two. (42.2 km = 26.2 miles, and that is the distance of every single marathon).

On the running front, I felt like this ...



... mostly because I had my head trimmed. But I am starting to feel the run return. It has been six weeks, and last night after 20+ km (16 miles) I was picking it up and finding cruising speed.

More importantly the clouds of tomorrow are starting to part, and I can see the sun of 2009.



By that, I can now see (with some optimism) what 2009 can be for us. 2008 is going to go down as a financial hit, with share prices and general world economies cracking our retirement nest egg. Left wondering, where to from here? I am starting to see some goals like fix the house up with a coat of paint and get into shape for a blistering Canberra marathon campaign (should San Antonio fall short of my long sort after sub 3:10).

Next post will be the announcement of our sign up for the San Antonia RnR Marathon. There is going to be some good foundations for the coming years, like my Aussie wife's newly acquired qualifications in WEP (Writing Editing and Publishing). ... and a freshly painted house.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

what are you talking about? there's been plenty of you. i see you all the time. aaaand i'm your underpaid hairdresser.

8:42 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Your head is very aero-dynamic now.

7:25 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

More importantly, is she qualified in paintin' and decoratin'?

Go the mauve.

If you're after 3:10, just don't party with Susan before RnR.

8:30 pm  
Blogger Rob said...

How come your Aussie wife speaks with that funny accent?

RnR hey! a marathon doesn't sound like RnR to me.

9:22 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

I wish I could visit Texas at the same time. My dad grew up in San Antonio. Maybe he'll want to go back for a father/son marathon.

10:57 am  
Blogger Black Knight said...

I cannot believe how beautiful is the city in the picture!

5:49 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home