Thursday, September 11, 2008

12 months on

12 months ago Scott wrote this about what to do with a torn calf ....

"Sorry to hear this old son.

I'd just give it up for the time being. Try body surfing for a while and get back into running when you are well and truely over the current problems. I'm serious if you push it now it could mean the end of running for you for up to a year and that is not what you want.

I feel for you and hope things work out Toasty."


and in a year I ran 2 marathons and didn't start in another, had several stop running injuries and a constant struggle to string a few weeks together. I WANT to run a marathon PB but KNOW I have to build and wait. Why is this so hard?

I Macmillan'd my 43:55 10K on Sunday with my 1:37:49 Noosa Half to see a 3:26 marathon prediction and both runs about the same level. Last year I ran sub 11 for 3K at this time before the wheels fell off. Which made me think .... to stop thinking ...

9 Comments:

Blogger Black Knight said...

In my opinion 2 marathon in one years are a very good result. And 43:55 10K is a fast run.

7:30 pm  
Blogger Robert Song said...

Even though the post below is specifically about barefoot running, I think it equally applies to Marathon PBs.

http://sharenehurnen.blogspot.com/2008/06/student-goes-to-sensei-to-learn-running.html

9:33 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so it was you who has been going through the rubbish bins.

7:35 am  
Blogger Samurai Running said...

Just like the response I get from my wife when I give advice.I just hope you didn't roll your eyes :)

Do you know the old expression about trees falling in the forest and nobody hearing?

I'd like you to ponder this.

If I speak my mind in a blog post and nobody hears me, am I still wrong?

Anyway, Toasty I salute your effort and know that this is what counts above everything else.

11:24 am  
Blogger Ewen said...

Calves are buggers of things - they keep on mooing 'til the cows come home.

This is the up-over 'thon? All you can do is run and see how you go. The PB'll happen - next year, or the year after, or the year after that :)

9:33 pm  
Blogger Tesso said...

Wanna know what I think :)

7:57 pm  
Blogger Rob said...

Toasty,

Here is my advice " ".

That's OK mate. Think nothing of it.

7:55 pm  
Blogger Runner Susan said...

I vote for only running 200m - ever. Once a year is plenty.

1:46 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hmmm.I'm not sure how to interpret this post. It sounds as if you are still battling injury, but yet want a PB at the same time. I could be wrong though. Good luck all the same.

3:00 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home