Sunday, January 17, 2010

Running with the big dogs



The weekend run ended up on Sunday after a minor schedule adjustment on account of getting home at 3:30 am and setting the alarm for 4:30 am Friday night - Saturday morning. Today I planned on 25k solo from 5:00 am but when I arrived Pete was also getting out of his car and encouraged me to run with him. We waited for Stephan and the 3 of us took off for 15 min before joining the rest of group. I might add, both of these guys went 2:51 last year and are lining up for something quicker this year. To my relief, the run was quite comfortable, cruising for a little over 1 and half hours with the group for a total of around 21k. Post run wt 67.4kg.

I had two solid speed sessions and a short Wednesday run with Clairie. It was all good.

Crouton Andrew heads back to Melbourne today and I have really enjoyed him being here for the month. We managed to get a few things done like the cooking school, 3 times finishing, 3 trips to the surf beaches, some home cooking, a night out for his birthday, 2 football games, a kick in the park and camping.

Next week I am aiming for 2 speed sessions, coffee run Wednesday, easy Saturday (before helping Paul demolish his bathroom) and another run with Pete's crew on the Sunday. GC Marathon training will start 1st March.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ewen said...

At 67.4 kegs, you are a little dog now. I'm thinking sub-3 at GC for sure.

There's nothing like kicking the Sherrin down at the park. Good fun.

2:05 pm  
Blogger IHateToast said...

i know, ewen. i'm seeing a lawyer if he gets lighter than me. that's not okay.

4:19 pm  
Blogger Ewen said...

He needs another trip to the States ASAP. Cheese, super-sizing and the Chef's desserts will fix him.

7:14 pm  
Anonymous zbsports said...

I like the post so interesting and entertaining. Hope I am not a little dog.

12:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home